Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took these this morning, as I was getting the bugs etc off following a couple hundred mile fun run yesterday. Shots are following a hose off before using my foam gun. RedHot's CQuartz Finest finish is now three years old. Nothing has been applied (wax, etc.) other than a very light mist of Reload directly on my Crazy-soft microfiber cloth for a final wipe down after washing and using the Absorber to remove the water. I have never has a finish that was as easy to take care of, nor one that retained its shine as well as this one. :eek:nthego:

JWDaum (1 of 3).jpg View attachment JWDaum (2 of 3).jpg View attachment JWDaum (3 of 3).jpg

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Beautiful Jeff, just beautiful.

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful Jeff, just beautiful.
Thanks, though through little credit to me :) 75% GM, 24.5% CQuartz Finest through my local certified detailer, and .5% me.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Jeff, that is some SERIOUS water beading. :cool:

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hey Jeff looks like Redhot has goosebumps! FWIW if you run a nice stream of water w/o a nozzle and let the water run off, it might even dry itself.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Anyone have a ballpark figure on what an application of the CQuartz costs?

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have a ballpark figure on what an application of the CQuartz costs?
If you mean by a certified detailer, yes, expect somewhere in the range of $1,000 to $1,200. Keep in mind that a fair portion of the actual cost depends on how much work needs to be done to the paint and prepping of the car. Also, if they do the wheels, interior, etc. IMO the real key to the success of CQuartz Finest is the preparation of the paint and car surface. In my case, RedHot was in excellent shape but as I recall they still spent about 3/4s of a day on it before applying the first coat of CQuartz Finest. There are a number of older posts specifically on member's costs experiences.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
My total cost was $1500 for paint correction and Cquartz by a certified detailer recommended by Cory at Car Pro. Took two days total.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Supercharge your cquartz with Carpro Hydrofoam for a hosewash or Carpro ech20 for a Rinseless....

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jeff, your C7 masterpiece still looks amazing after a few years spent in the blazing Vegas sun, CQuartz has held up to its end of the bargain!!

SF
Rick

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Supercharge your cquartz with Carpro Hydrofoam for a hosewash or Carpro ech20 for a Rinseless....
I may try that Glen. Certainly easy enough to do! Thanks :eek:nthego:

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeff, your C7 masterpiece still looks amazing after a few years spent in the blazing Vegas sun, CQuartz has held up to its end of the bargain!!

SF
Rick
Thanks Rick! That is so true- it really has handled the heat here very well. :cool:

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does it protect the paint from getting chipped or do you still need a bra or clear bra?
No it does not offer chip protection such as a clear wrap or bra would. However, my personal preference (on all of my cars), is to have no wrap lines and no light wave distortion from certain angles. I use Dr ColorChip for the occasional chip. You have seen my car in person at Cars & Coffee, and I think you'd agree that RedHot looks pretty darn good as she nears her 4 year birthday, cross country trips and many enthusiastic drives. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's been over 2 years with mine & it looks like it was just done. I paid $1500 but that also included the wheels. It took them a full day of buffing down. Love it. Dirt pretty much glides off. My husband had his cts-v done also which is black with lots of carbon & people are always commenting on how it glistens. Too bad his is slower than mine. hehehe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts