Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I agree, all is a learning experience. Since Hennessey has already tuned the car, he can pull that tune off and study it before we do anything else. So, most of the work is done since the car is currently running fine. LMR I am sure has talented people working there, just not a shop I am interested in tuning my car. I bought 50 gallons of Fuse 100 octane, and will be running pure methanol so am adding extra safety measures. Plan on adding 2-4 gallons of the 100 octane to every tank to ensure the octane levels stay up even if I get a bit of bad gas.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I had a conversation with LMR today, and have decided to go ahead and take the car to them. Putting on the meth kit, taking off my restrictor plate, and re-tuning. They seem to think I have a lot more mid-high that Hennessey missed...Dropping off Wed of next week and getting back Friday....We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
658 Posts
A lot of shops aren't able to tune the blower right now correctly especially on the upper end. While I don't know much about LMR I do know they know tuning the C7.

I've actually called them as well for future mods.

Why are you adding meth? For safety or power?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Both...add timing, and create a safety mechanism

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It is a very slow go after 170....you need a lot of road to figure that out...no idea. lol.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts