Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
Glad to read that your Stingray is about to make its journey to you! Now you can fully concentrate on the rebid on your biggest client. Wish you success :cool:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did I mention I still have to get my taxes to my accountant? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
To avoid such mistakes you must consider a few factors before selecting any vehicle shipping company. Make sure that the company you are hiring must have proper knowledge and can accommodate the client’s needs with reliability, trustworthiness and also have affordable auto transport rates. Last month my brother also had shipped his car from Oakland to Los Angeles by hiring the auto transport Oakland company who had taken over the responsibility of his car and the professional supplier had monitor each and every movement of the his vehicle till his car were delivered at his home.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sounds like a company that would hire more good people ...if they could only find them...the trucks are easy to buy. There is a real squeeze in the shipping world today as the current generation is not interested in the job. Second biggest problem is finding people who can pass a drug test.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm retired and always glad to help a fellow corvette enthusiast. Pay my airfare from Chicago and I'll drive it back for you!!!:D--Bob
Myself included. I'm retied from an airline career,so my air travel is free. I'd be willing to drive a fellow enthusiast's car for hotel and meals. I'll cover the gas. I simply enjoy driving! Seriosly,contact me. (And yes,I realize this was nearly 3 years ago).
I have used uShip several time for motorcycle transport with good results.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old POST but I am looking for recommendations regarding shipping at least 3 vehicles and a motorcycle from Los Angeles to perhaps Eagle Idaho or Prescott AZ. Haven't decided exactly which one yet because we are looking to relocate to one of those locations. If someone has a good experience please PM me with the contact info so i can inquire re rates and particulars.
I understand forum rules may prohibit open posting of non affiliated vendors so please PM me any info.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been going NUTS trying to get my new purchase shipped. The industry overall is sketchy! I did this once before and also recall the shadiness and competitive nature. My problem is "always looking for a bargain". I'm now waiting on RoadRunner who was towards the higher end $ of those I was contacted by thinking I might have a smoother transaction.

·
18,666 Posts
Whatever company you choose, strongly recommend you never purchase transportation through a vehicle transport broker. Why? Because they have zero assets that they actually control, and so if there is a problem, you are first off dealing with a second hand person, and a person who can not re-direct any of their transporters/drivers to actually move your car to where it is supposed to go along the originally agree timelines.

Sometimes saving a little money is not prudent, especially when your vehicle has not moved in four weeks (now a week or two after your originally promised pick up or delivery time) and your broker will not (can not) give you a defined time period when it will be delivered to your desired location (or picked up from your location).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I would drive any vette from point A To point B for expenses. Charlie aka cutnout
Makes me want to start driving Vettes from point A to point B. I would almost do it for free.

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
My nephew had a car shipped ,it took three weeks before anything got picked up .
In my experience, you have different cost options with the reputable transport companies that range from open carrier with a large time frame for pick up and delivery, to enclosed carried with a specific date for pick up and delivery. :eek:nthego:

·
18,666 Posts
Good factors for consideration. Also, location, location, location is another variable, e.g., areas of densely populated vehicle pick up and delivery versus isolated country areas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, I just used the shady broker / agent channel and overall did super! I asked for 5/24 pickup and they could only do 5/23. Great! (Except dealership wanted to wait 1 more day for funds to clear). All is good except driver showed 5 hours late well after dealer closed but sales guy was there. Picked up in Raleigh, NC 11:15 Thursday night and said he’d be here Friday night 24th. It’s Memorial Day so he called Friday night and said he’d be here 10-11 and he showed up 11:00 am Saturday 5/25. I didn’t formally pay for the car until 5/22!!!! Communication was pretty good and I paid $650; $100 for broker on CC and $550 cash to driver. I think it was just over 600 miles.

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts