Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this correct GM charging $5,850 for
removable roof panel (Carbon Fiber) on 2015.
Tell me this isn't so.
Geo Vette

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well if you order it through the dealership then yes. If you looking at the added accessories at the back of the order form/ Chevy "build it" website, those are dealer installed/ ordered items. If you get it added to your C7 order as a build option then it's only 1,995.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Is this correct GM charging $5,850 for
removable roof panel (Carbon Fiber) on 2015.
Tell me this isn't so.
Geo Vette
Where did you come up with that number?

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
This was the same with the 2014. As JS1977 noted, if you ordered the roof at time of your original order (as an upgrade or additional dual roof package) the price was considerably less than if you ordered it after your got your Stingray from your dealer. Several individuals chose to wait until someone with the dual roof option offered to sell theirs either here on our forum or elsewhere rather than go through the dealer.

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
Check Chevrolet.com under build your own
step 5 Accessories, Exterior 5th item down Build Your Own Sports Car: 2015 Corvette Stingray | Chevrolet
lists it at $5,850
Go to Step 4 Option Exterior and the pricing is:
-Transparent $995
-Visible Carbon $1995
-Carbon dual $2999 This package includes:
Visible carbon-fiber roof panel with body-color surround & Transparent roof panel
-Body colored dual $1995 This package includes:
Body-color roof panel with body-color surround & Transparent roof panel

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Also consider the body-colored carbon fiber roof is valued at $1,000 and is included in the base cost of the car (car with no options).

So, if you order the visible carbon fiber roof option, and pay $1995, you are essentially paying $2995 but getting a $1000 credit since you do not get the body-colored roof.

So, the correct numbers to compare are:
$2995 valuation if ordered as the included roof on the car, versus $5850 if ordered separately.

They really don't want people ordering it separately (maybe due to constraints)?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Check Chevrolet.com under build your own
step 5 Accessories, Exterior 5th item down
lists it at $5,850
WOW, I never looked at page in detail, that's insane. As jsvette has said, they must really not want people ordering it.

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
WOW, I never looked at page in detail, that's insane. As jsvette has said, they must really not want people ordering it.
Sorry you cited the wrong poster, I never said that- that was rdslon01. What I did state in post #7 is that Geo Vette was not looking at the correct section for the pricing on initial ordering of the primary or dual roof options.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Sorry you cited the wrong poster, I never said that- that was rdslon01. What I did state in post #7 is that Geo Vette was not looking at the correct section for the pricing on initial ordering of the primary or dual roof options.
Oops, sorry. it does seem odd that they would even have that in the accessories section considering you should be ordering it as a combo roof package, not a stand alone option.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I think the area that Geo Vette is looking at is if someone wants to order the body colored roof, plus a visible carbon fiber roof. This is new for 2015 orders, as far as I know. In that case, the visible carbon fiber roof, when ordered as a second carbon fiber roof, is over $5000, if I remember well. I am sure Geo Vette is quoting the exact price, but I have not returned to check it out.

What jsvette is saying is that if you order a visible carbon fiber roof as your primary roof, it is $1995.

As far as I know, both of those people are correct, but they are talking about two different option package combinations.

By the way, I had errors in post #8. Sorry! I went back and corrected that. I think it is correct now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for clarifying it.
Bottom line I saved money getting
my 2014 Z51 2LT versus same thing
in 2015.
Geo Vette

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Thanks for clarifying it.
Bottom line I saved money getting
my 2014 Z51 2LT versus same thing
in 2015.
Geo Vette
????????????????

The dual roof option is the exact same price for 2015 as it was in 2014 and the stand alone exposed CF roof was the same price too I believe.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmm what if you didn't get supplier/credit union pricing and someone with a 2015 did? :) Also, it is quite normal that there are model year increases and sometimes running equipment changes...ie 8 speed tranny and so on. So this whole roof question was for you to be able to compare a 2014 to a 2015 and say that you paid less? I'm confused here! Owning a 2014, I don't compare the price I paid to a 2015 and "if" I order a 16 Z06, It surely won't do me much good comparing what the price of the 2015 was.

Forget the roof option
Basic Z51 2LT was more in 2015

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just drove home in my 2015 with the transparent roof and hate it. Wish I had the stock one with the cloth material under it. Anyone want to trade their stock panel for my transparent?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was told my roof could not be tinted and I'm extremely fair skinned so i went with the shade panel from Southern car parts. (I think they are still a vendor here, my apologizes if not)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just drove home in my 2015 with the transparent roof and hate it. Wish I had the stock one with the cloth material under it. Anyone want to trade their stock panel for my transparent?
Given that the transparent roof is a more expensive option, I think you should have little trouble finding a willing person. May help to specify your color, though.

I love my transparent roof, someone take him up on his offer before he changes his mind!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts