Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I let mine sit in 80 degree sun for 5 hours, pulled the letters off with fishing line and removed the adhesive with goo gone. The adhesive is the worst part. It stayed behind on the car more than it came off with the letters. I did it immediately after the purchase of 3 different C7's. You may see some shadowing if the letters have been on for more than a year and the car's not garage kept.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also, the base model stingray badge on my 16 was not pinned. The Z06 badge on my 19 is pinned. I took it off and plasti-dipped it black. I didn't take off my 19 Grand Sport badge so I don't know if that one is pinned or not.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stingray badge = crossed flags ? I got the Corvette script off rear without any problem. Would love to get the crossed flags off if not pinned and replace with a black one. Presently its plasti dipped.
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
95 Posts
Stingray badge = crossed flags ? I got the Corvette script off rear without any problem. Would love to get the crossed flags off if not pinned and replace with a black one. Presently its plasti dipped.
View attachment 283390
It is not pinned. Just heat it up and use fishing line to run underneath, it will come off. I replaced ALL of my badges on mt 17 Z51 with black badges.

·
Registered
2015 Z51 7M
225 Posts
Is it held with double stick tape and easily removable with heat and string ?
View attachment 283372
I used a hair dryer and dental floss. I like the cleaner look of the carbon flash badges and the descripted Corvette. The crossed flags came off easy as well. You need to apply heat a couple times and do a little more sawing with your fishing line or dental floss. There are no pins, Just sunken depressions below each crossed flag.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts