Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good product that can remove road debris from the plastic coating that was factory installed in front of the rear wheels? I only have 900 miles on the car but that area is loaded with small spots of debris that will not come off easily. The rest of the car is debris-free. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Does anyone know of a good product that can remove road debris from the plastic coating that was factory installed in front of the rear wheels? I only have 900 miles on the car but that area is loaded with small spots of debris that will not come off easily. The rest of the car is debris-free. Thanks for the input!
Debris, like in road tar or paint? If it's pits like from gravel or rocks, then I don't thinks there's anything. Otherwise, I think there's tar removal products you can try at local auto parts stores chains like Kragen, Auto Zone or Napa you might try....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it's pitting or tar for that matter. It's just white flecks that are very difficult to remove. The rest of the car is fine, just in that area it seems to stick like glue. I have some of the tar removal products at home, just wasn't sure if this was compatible with the plastic Xpel-like coating.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try claying it, works well and does not mar plastic, use plenty of lube
50/50 alcohol will cut crap too.....
Ahhh, great idea....you have to start charging for your knowledge, Glen.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I just use Scratch doctor on most of the marks on my other cars and they are taken away. I think any scratch removal polish will do the trick. Splash guards also help in this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts