Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some renderings of the Z06's optional "Spectra Gray with machined groove" wheel -- while we eagerly await a picture from GM. Before proceeding, special thanks to Dante ("donati2014"), for taking my ideas and making them into renderings.

StingRay Forum members, Dante is still looking to do your photoshopping requests here:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...365-let-dante-photoshop-something-thread.html

Made a couple of assumptions in speculating about the "Spectra Gray with machined groove" wheel, so here are those first:

Spectra Gray will be similar in color to the much-loved C6 "competition gray.";

There is only one place where the stripe could be, the same place as in 2012 ZR1 wheels.

As we all know, GM created this stripe in several steps. First they painted the wheel completely red; then, second, they painted it a second coat with black paint; then, lastly, in a measure of how true the wheel was, put it on a lathe, and used a cutting blade to cut/scape off only the top black paint in that one "striped area," leaving the red stripe. Still amazed at this.

Here's what is pure conjecture, i.e., will the machined groove repeat the red stripe as in the above picture, or will GM just paint the wheel spectra gray, then machine off the paint under that stripe, leaving a "bare aluminum"/silver look? Hence, asked Dante to make one of each version. (If it is the latter, yet you prefer the red stripe, there are always Rimbands, Alloy Gators, wheel bands, or pin stripping!)

Won't this look sweet on a Tiger Shark Gray Z06!

Or, standing back....

Thank you Dante! Could not have done this thread without your expertise!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anytime! I think its gonna look sweet either way, If its red it will compliment the Z06 badge and the Red calipers for those that choose that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts