Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with only 19500 miles on my 2917 corvette I’m either the unlucky person alive or someone doesn’t like corvettes. I got two nails on the pasenger side tires of which I replaced with Michelin SS pilots. That was in May. Now I have a puncture in the drivers side rear. So I’m considering switching to Michelin SS a/s 3 +. Will the ride be all that different with the switch from Michelin SS pilots

thank tou

pickle

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
This May I replaced RedHot’s original tires with Michelin Ultra-high performance all season Pilot Sport AS 3+ ZP tires, and have been very pleased with them. No noticible difference in ride, handling or noise. I anticipate that they will be somewhat better in situations when temps are in the 40s, where the original Michelin Summer tires started to perform poorly.

Reactions: warp ten

·
Registered
962 Posts
This May I replaced RedHot’s original tires with Michelin Ultra-high performance all season Pilot Sport AS 3+ ZP tires, and have been very pleased with them. No noticible difference in ride, handling or noise. I anticipate that they will be somewhat better in situations when temps are in the 40s, where the original Michelin Summer tires started to perform poorly.
I echo Jeff comments. Replaced my Pilot Sports with A/S3+ZPs in April at 21,000 miles and like them a lot. they drive fine ( I don't track my car) and I am hoping to get some more time out of the car before I put it up for the winter.--Bob

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
79 one owner, 2001 coupe, 2015 Z06
879 Posts
I definitely plan to put the a/s 3+ on our Z06 when I need tires again.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,279 Posts
Decided to sans the Michelins after wearing out 10 tires in 4 years, mostly due to 3 times at VIR plus 50 K miles. Went with a non run flat tire this time, opted for a set of Pirellis, smoother and quieter ride (IMO). So far, wearing very well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So with only 19500 miles on my 2917 corvette I’m either the unlucky person alive or someone doesn’t like corvettes. I got two nails on the pasenger side tires of which I replaced with Michelin SS pilots. That was in May. Now I have a puncture in the drivers side rear. So I’m considering switching to Michelin SS a/s 3 +. Will the ride be all that different with the switch from Michelin SS pilots

thank tou

pickle
I replaced the front tires on C7 with AS 3+ after 20,000 miles. Noticeable reduction in noise on concrete roads. Handling is very good. The tire skip on slow speed turning is GONE. Anxious to replace rear tires. I do not track the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts

thank tou

pickle
Hi !!
You're not alone. I just lost BOTH of my rear tires (2016 Z06) to nails ! 16K miles. The right one had already been replaced at 11K.(roofing screw.... we've had many roofs replaced here in Naples from Irma.)
I'm doing the same Michelin A/S 3+.
They're on back order, so the car sits while I wait for them to arrive.:(

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put A/S 3+ at 15400 on my 2015 Corvette stingray last May. So I’ve had them for a year and I love them. 16400 on the car now. These new tires replaced the original run flats. Did not like those at all. Bought the car with 7404 on the odometer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts