Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought this post and link might be a help to those who are getting to a point of replacing their engine air filter. This info and link is for installing an aFe low restriction air filter BUT the info and pics can help those just wanting to replace the OEM air filter. As noted, I removed the one from my 2014 and put it back when I sold it 3 1/2 years later to install on my Grand Sport!

After:

1. Removing the OEM filter from my 2014 and
  2. Installing an aFe oiled cotton low restriction larger air filter and larger housing,
  3. Removing the aFe system when I sold the 2014 Z51, then
  4. Installing the OEM filter and housing back on the 2014,
  5. Removing the OEM Grand Sport air filter and housing
  6. Installing the aFe I removed from the 2014 on the Grand Sport,
  7. It's getting pretty easy!
  8. The aFe system also has a clear plastic window so you can observe dirt on the filter.
This is a PDF of my install and if followed it all comes off and back on easy. But must start with removing the hood vent duct:
http://netwelding.com/Cold_Air_Intake.pdf

You can use the PDF just to replace the OEM filter or if you want an aFe paper filter they sell it as well. It is larger like the oiled cotton but is more restrictive- but not as much as the OEM.

Not hard to do but 1st remove hood vent duct. Long extension helps and don't drop bolts!

View attachment 267904

·
Registered
78 Posts
Issue changing engine air filter for the mechanically challenged 😊.
I followed the K&N video on youtube that was good until the final step of taking off the air filter cover. The KN version had you leaving the whole air intake and filter cover assy together. Luckily I found a different video that showed you taking the air intake assy (Large part the hoses connect to) off from the filter cover by loosening clamp, taking that unit out, and then (had already removed the 2 torx screws on the filter cover, of course), you can rock the filter cover unit back to remove from the tab slots below. with that air intake assembly still attached to the filter cover it was almost impossible to remove the filter cover. I’m not at the same level of expertise as a lot of people on this forum but maybe this helps somebody at my level.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts