Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I decided to replace the passenger side right hand seat track black cover on my 2015 Stingray because it was scuffed up. I bought a replacement from OEM factory direct parts but it was brown stone color. I painted it flat black and it matches what's in the car perfectly. It looks to me like you would pry it up towards the glove compartment and then it should come off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Dhoehl, I've used a flat head screw driver to wedge under and then pop it up. It comes up rather easily and I remove mine every time I need to install a footwell fire extinguisher. Glad it was a simple fix for you but wondering why they sent you the wrong color?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this sounds weird but brownstone was the only color that they offered. Also I've had problems with passengers dragging their feet on the door when they get in the car. After installing the plastic door guard the problem didn't stop. So I covered the guard with 2 inch wide Velcro strips. I just use the plush side of the Velcro. In my opinion it really looks great and does the job. Here's a pic...

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,016 Posts
Creative and apparently effective solution Dhoehl.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Creative and apparently effective solution Dhoehl.
Agree. Note that he covered plastic guards that cover the bottom of the door panel. I have those along with plastic door sill guards and I am happy I got them as they are now very scuffed up (instead of the door panel and sills). I recommend the plastic door guards to anyone with a Stingray. But the addition of the Velcro makes the installation look even neater.--Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Bob.... A great reminder that if you have a Stingray that the plastic sill plate covers are also a must have.... I also did some creative Velcro work on the plastic sill plates.....again I used the plush 2" wide strip of Velcro to cover the top of the plastic plate and a 1" stripe to cover the area just above where the "Corvette" lettering comes through. Attached are pics... I like the look and Velcro is pretty inexpensive.... I get the 2 inch wide and 1 inch wide strips at Walmart in big rolls.

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Great idea. I will look into this as well. I think you can buy the Velcro as a tape on a roll but will have to look as to what fits best. I have used the soft side of Velcro to quiet the passenger side seat belt from rattling against the plastic seat side. --Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts