Stingray Corvette Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
When you replaced the tires on your C7 vette ,where did you go to get them done, a dealer , independent garage , franchise like tire rack? I understand a certain machine is needed to change these tires due to the type of rims on the car. Any bad experiences ?
Discount Tire - purchased Michelin Pilot A/S 3, run flat. Since my Vette is a daily driver I went for the A/S type tire. Plus no more tire hop when cold!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the Continental DSW 6 at Discount Tires, great prices, they done an excellent job. No problems at, quite tires also. HWY 280 Birmingham, Al. Good guys work at this shop and again done a Fantastic job, couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the Continental DSW 6 at Discount Tires, great prices, they done an excellent job. No problems at, quite tires also. HWY 280 Birmingham, Al. Good guys work at this shop and again done a Fantastic job, couldn't be happier.
Congratulations, Continental makes a great A/S tire. However, I went with the Michelin A/S for their run-flat capability. I can’t see myself changing a flat at my age (70).

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
Did they have to balance the wheels after? Now how do you like the tires. Are they run flats? Thanks!
Yes balancing and road warranty is including in Costco's reasonable pricing. Yes they are run flats and rode, handled and noise wise were excellent.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 ZP run flats and had them shipped to my house. I then made an appointment with Tire Racks mobile installer to come to my house for the install.

A large van showed up and had the latest Hunter tire changing machine and balancer. All 4 tires were mounted and balanced with no scratches or damage. The tech even used a torque wrench to torque the wheels to 100 ft lbs.

The best part was the cost. $100 dollars for everything.

• Wow
Reactions: warp ten and stevec

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
I ordered 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 ZP run flats and had them shipped to my house. I then made an appointment with Tire Racks mobile installer to come to my house for the install.

A large van showed up and had the latest Hunter tire changing machine and balancer. All 4 tires were mounted and balanced with no scratches or damage. The tech even used a torque wrench to torque the wheels to 100 ft lbs.

Impressive!

Reactions: warp ten

·
Registered
41 Posts

Did you order from Tire Racks too?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts