Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you replaced your tires due to mileage, who did the replacement, Chev dealer, brand store, one of the stores that sell different brands? From what I have been told you need a special machine to change the tires.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I ordered the tires from Tire Rack. Discount Tire did the tire swap. The store I used had a Hunter machine to handle the large wheels and run flats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I did the same. Tires from TireRack, mounted at Discount Tire.

·
Registered
378 Posts
So far, I have just replaced the rear tires. Printed out price quote from Discount Tire and took it to my service adviser at the Chevy/GM dealership. They matched the price and did the install.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I purchased my 4 season/run flats from Tire Rack and had the delivered to my dealer who balanced and mounted them and did a front end alignment.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Costco, A/S 3+ZP, they did a great job. Z51 sizes, out the door price $1136
That's a great price--about the same as the tires only from tire rack. I am a big fan of Costco for tires and normally get mine there, but I heard they would not do the Z06 size. Did you happen to ask if they do Z06 tires, 335/25ZR20 size? I think around here (Chicago) they do not.--Bob

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If you replaced your tires due to mileage, who did the replacement, Chev dealer, brand store, one of the stores that sell different brands? From what I have been told you need a special machine to change the tires.
I went to the TireRack site, and looked at the recommended installers within 40 miles or so. I wen with the one with the highest ratings, with the best equipment, with experience with very low profile tires. They have been my tire experts now for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used American Tire which I think is the same as Discount Tire. I replaced the originals with the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in the Z06 sizes. They also had the Hunter machines for installing and force balancing. I had bad wear on the original inside front tires. After getting the new tires, I had all four wheels aligned to a more street mode setup. See other threads that discuss this in detail.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I replaced my tires based on the recommendation from the Ron Fellows School at Spring Mountain Motorsports. Here are the specs:
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+

Front:
245/35ZR19

Rear
285/30ZR20

You can confirm these specs with Tire Rack.
My local dealer purchased through Tire Rack for me. Better price than direct purchase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tried to use Goodyear service center. First they could not even lift a corvette. So I convinced them to use a floor jack. Once the tire was mounted their machine would not balance run flat tires. I was blown away. Didn’t Goodyear invent the run flat? Ended up having Hendrick Chevrolet do it all. A few bucks more but at least they can handle the job.

·
Registered
220 Posts
For summer tires I got mine at Discount Tire; replaced with OE Michelin PSS. They matched the Tire Rack cost. They have the proper mounting equipment and the guys who know how to use it. The guys at my shop like working on Corvettes so they let only the most qualified technicians work on the car/tire which I appreciate.

·
Administrator
15,306 Posts
For summer tires I got mine at Discount Tire; replaced with OE Michelin PSS. They matched the Tire Rack cost. They have the proper mounting equipment and the guys who know how to use it. The guys at my shop like working on Corvettes so they let only the most qualified technicians work on the car/tire which I appreciate.
Is this the first set of replacement tires on your 2014?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is this the first set of replacement tires on your 2014?
This is the first replacement of the tires I run in the summer; the original Michelin PSS. I have another set of Bridgestone AS tires and wheels I run in the winter. I figure I got about 25k miles out of the original in 4 summers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts