Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@JKLdoh, I am the captain for the 2019 Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green Kentucky. I am working with others to organize the trip from the Northwest states (Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana). Check it out here: Pacific Northwest | 2019 National Corvette Caravan

·
Registered
406 Posts
John very nice gesture,your a class act

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
John, class act. Thanks for representing in such a positive fashion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi John, what you did is very touching and heart warming and the angels above plus heaven will remember this beautiful kind jesture of yours.
Wish you all the very best my friend.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have known John for a long time and I can truly say that he is selfless in his helping others enjoy the Corvette experience. Nobody I know or have known knows as much about them as he does and I think he knows every bigwig at Bowling Green! So in addition to sharing the Corvette experience , he can impart a wealth of knowledge as well AND the Oregon weather is going to be outstanding this weekend for this drive! When I first read the post and saw the words Albany and Yellow Corvette, I immediately thought of John, and I was right..Thank you for all of us, John!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey John....
Like I have always said "YOU ARE Da' MAN!!! I am not surprised that it was you who did this tremendous gesture.

Too bad there already is a Saint John!!

Take care,

Mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
An amazing gesture of kindness, John! I want to shake your hand!

My wife Chris and I have worked/volunteered at the NCM for years. We will be working the BASH again at the "Development & Donors Table" from 12 to 4 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. My wife Chris will also be working "Admissions to the Museum" on Friday.

We would love to meet you, John.

·
18,670 Posts
Wonderful, yet sad day taking John for a ride this morning. He knows his end is coming, yet remains emotionally upbeat.

His first memory was of a Corvette was of 1958 yellow one, and always wanted, but could never afford one. When he first saw WRP SPD this morning, he said, “that is my kind of bright yellow. Today was his first ride in a Corvette, and we had a great time, but I quickly noticed that he was so fragile that is was only going to be a measured, non spirited drive, only half fast through the corners. However, he loved our straightaway blasts, asking me to spin the tires each time we took off (and of course I accommodated). He smiled a lot, and talked a little about his early life, including being Navy life as a seaman for a few years, then his career as plumber, until a violent explosion at work ended his career early (cost him an eye, hearing in one ear, and damaged one side of his face seriously).

In spite of his illnesses, we have a fun time. I gave him my GM Corvette posterboard with signatures by the four current C7.R drivers. He was so excited, saying that it would have his step-grandson who was there, to immediately put it across his living room so he could see it at all time.

As asked, here are some pictures of our drive. I like John’s “thumbs up” in the last one.

We are all so fortunate for what we have, and when we can give to others are in need, it is one of our ultimate rewards.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Nicely done indeed John. :tranquillity:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Sometimes it seems as if kindness, compassion and consideration are in short supply in today's world. Here's proof these elements are still alive. :positive:

·
Registered
347 Posts
A True Gentleman and Friend!

Thank you for your kindness and thoughtful response to someone in need of a positive CORVETTE day. I have not communicated with you for a long time John, but I knew EXACTLY what kind of a man you were when we meet via the forum and you treated me so very well! Thanks again John for being my forum friend and a friend to ALL! :tennis:

·
Registered
179 Posts
All is arraigned, and John Sansted is going for a ride in WRP SPD. I just talked with Jan, and I will be picking up her step dad on Friday morning at 9:00 AM. We are leaving on our BASH drive Saturday before the sun up, but I can not think of a better thing to do to help someone else before we head out. I remember my first Corvette 54 years ago, and time to “pass it on” to someone who will appreciate his ride. I am looking forward to our drive on what is supposed to be a nice sunny day.
That is very thoughtful and very kind of you Elegant. As always you are the person to come to the rescue.
Thanks,
Toney

·
18,670 Posts
Thank you much for the very kind words. I was just in the right place to help, and know you all would have done same if someone in your area was in similar need.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Awesome story John, thanks for posting the ride! Looks like a great time was had.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great work John. This is why I have always been proud of being a part of the Corvette community. I haven't always been an owner: work to do, kids to raise etc. I have always been a part of the Corvette mystique. I now have two: a 1992 Yellow/Black ZR-1 and a 2017 Yellow/Black Z51.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts