Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
16,232 Posts
Thanks for sharing your video Str8boss. Nicely done. One thing I think you might want to check is the "Valet Mode" on your car. I don't believe it includes an ability to set a maximum speed limitation. Valet Mode on the C7 normally includes locking the storage compartments, access to personalized settings, etc. so that they can not be changed (without entering the correct Valet Mode personal code) and engaging the PDR.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Nice video, thanks, and nice color combination. I agree 100% about the magnetic suspension option. I'm curious how those competition seats are for average street driving? When I bought my '15 Z51 I was debating whether to go with a transparent top but was concerned about heat issue, which you confirmed. I also have a red interior but opt'ed for the 2LT package because I didn't want that reflective red color up on the dash.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Str8boss, cool video and your C7 masterpiece looks awesome.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for sharing your video Str8boss. Nicely done. One thing I think you might want to check is the "Valet Mode" on your car. I don't believe it includes an ability to set a maximum speed limitation. Valet Mode on the C7 normally includes locking the storage compartments, access to personalized settings, etc. so that they can not be changed (without entering the correct Valet Mode personal code) and engaging the PDR.
IMG_3303.JPG I think the speed is already set for you from factory

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice video, thanks, and nice color combination. I agree 100% about the magnetic suspension option. I'm curious how those competition seats are for average street driving? When I bought my '15 Z51 I was debating whether to go with a transparent top but was concerned about heat issue, which you confirmed. I also have a red interior but opt'ed for the 2LT package because I didn't want that reflective red color up on the dash.

I think the competition seat are little more comfortable - they add more support for me. I've driven from St Petersburg to Atlanta and back and could have driven longer with out any issues. I'm 5'11 190lbs

·
Administrator
16,232 Posts
Hello, View attachment 43646 I think the speed is already set for you from factory
There are things in your Owners Manual that you do not have on your car. You will note it states "It may also limit top speed". I am sure one or more of our members with 2015s like yours will be able to confirm this shortly.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Very nice review Str8boss. Classy and well-stated. I agree with you on the competition bucket seats. I find them very comfortable on any ride. I had GT seats in my '14 C7 and loved them too. The Competition Buckets are very form-fitted.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
Very nice review Str8boss. Classy and well-stated. I agree with you on the competition bucket seats. I find them very comfortable on any ride. I had GT seats in my '14 C7 and loved them too. The Competition Buckets are very form-fitted.
I agree with the comfort of the competition seats as well. My body found the GT seats uncomfortable after a short while of sitting in them when trying them out for the first time. The competition seats fit like a glove.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nice review...

Totally agree on the nuisance of having to reset back to track mode if the car is turned off. No fun when at the track/AutoX to reset your parameters--and I don't even have Mag Ride/PTM.

Speaking of PTM: Looking back, I should have ordered Mag Ride, as I didn't realize PTM was mutually exclusive with the Mag Ride & thought it came with the Z51 package. I miss that at the track :-(

Another thing is that confounded electronic E-brake--give me an old-school pull-up E-brake any day...

·
18,667 Posts
There is no valet mode on the C7 as there was in at least the ZR1 where once set in that mode, power was reduced. There is no limit on our C7's as far as top speed except as limited by power and wind resistance (not an electronic max speed as many brands use).

As jsvette noted, there are things and features in the Owners Manual that are not present in our cars, and/or are not accurate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts