Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2015 Velocity Yellow will retain its name (so far), and it will have a slightly changed "color tone."

Before getting to the "color tone" change, a review of this 2015 whole color change "evolution" is interesting. When some of us were luckily invited to Pratt & Miller's Raceshop the day after the Z06's Reveal, we were treated to an hour presentation on the C7.R by Corvette Racing Manager Doug Fehan. Getting Doug's information was a treat! Toward the end, we were surprised when he said, "this car has a slightly different yellow than the yellow on both the Z06 and the C7.R at the Auto Show," that they hadn't yet painted those two in the new yellow. At this point, I snuck off to one of the many race crew members working in different parts of the shop and found the raceshops's "body panel painter", asking him how was the new yellow different (as we looked around the shop at literally 40-50 spare C7.R panels all around us). He said the "new yellow is brighter, and has less green in it."

However, at Daytona ten days later, Corvette Product Manager Harlan Charles said that there was only one 2015 color change, e.g. no more Cyber Gray, now Shark Gray. When a member in the Corvette Corral said, what about the change in the yellow, Harlan said, "what change, only the gray is changing," to which the person in the audience said, "the yellow is also changing." Harlan asked, who told you that? And you know the person responded, "Doug Fehan."

During the last eight weeks, we have heard nothing more from GM about the Velocity Yellow changing to a different color tone 2015 yellow, until today, when Mike Furman (Criswell Chev), who was at Sebring this past weekend as a guest of Mobil 1 Racing, posted, in response to a question, "can you please give your personal opinion on the new yellow compared to the VY and if it's anything like the Camaro yellow?,"

Mike: "Deeper color not as pale as Camaro yellow. I would say its a richer color but I don't mean in dollars."

Here is the 2014 Camaro "bright yellow" being compared to.

Therefore, the revised VY is slowing coming out of the bag, eventually becoming the 2015 Velocity Yellow, and, so far, keeping its previous name. Expect the cat to explode out of the bag 39 days from now at the NCM "Bash." I expect to see a new 2015 VY StingRay there.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Went through this with the Honda S2000. Two different yellow colors. And neither one could be paint matched by any body shops! Silly yellow.

Reactions: Tom0021

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's funny Elegant because that was my quote, Lol. That made me smile and laugh, thank you. Can you please take tons of pictures of the new Yellow? Also when you post them if you can try to do a picture comparison of the 2014 Vy and the 2015 Vy? Greatly appreciated and thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts