Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Front 18X8.5 with 56 offset, rear 19X10 with 79 off set, 5X 120.65 bolt pattern. Oe wheels
Oe? How much?

can you get near a 65 offset in rear?...pushes out just a bit, looks better....

·
Registered
993 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Only if you order the Z51 package.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Let us know if these work as I ordered wheels form them and they did not fit, they where not even close!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Without a link there are so many companies calling themselves OE Wheels it's tough to know if you hit the correct one. There are some which are pretty good and others which are absolute crap. ALL of them are Chinese clones and NONE of them have factory authorization to duplicate the design. Most change little things like type faces or spoke radius to get by this. Note also that all of these are basic cast wheels and the wheels you get form Chevy are forged, even the base wheels. There's a HUGE difference in strength between them so DO NOT go with these or any knockoff if you plan on tracking the car. Stick with factory or known name brands if you intend to stress the car at all.

Ok, I"m off my soapbox now ;)

·
18,670 Posts
Don't think of your comments "mjw930" as a soapbox, but good practical wisdom, for some repro's can lead you into a huge world of hurt not only if you track your car, but if you "exercise" it carving curvy country roads.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
... Note also that all of these are basic cast wheels and the wheels you get form Chevy are forged, even the base wheels. There's a HUGE difference in strength between them so...
Mark; I worked in the Aluminum industry and your remark is spot on! A forged part has much better physical strength properties than is the case with an equivalent cast part.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Non-Z51 are cast and Z51 are forged
I wasn't sure but it makes sense. Regardless, you can be assured they have been run through FEA and are plenty strong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti cast wheels, they can be plenty strong when designed right. Forging just opens up so many design and strength options casting just can't match.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Oewheelsllc.com still have time to cancel. Will look into it. Thanks guys
OEWheels LLC is a decent company, I don't think you'll have any issues but I would still look for something out of the major wheel makers like TSW, BBS, Enkei, OZ or shop ebay for OEM take offs first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts