Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I figure its time for me to post in here to get more ideas flowing.

I will be starting on my mods here shortly. Here is a quick rundown.
2015 Daytona Sunrise Orange Z06, M7, Chrome wheels, Aurora

Planned Mods:
Immediately:
Stage 2 splitter and rockers from g3carbon - DO NOT RECOMMEND. PM if needed.
curb alert - purchased but still in the box
front tow hook plate mount -COMPLETE
detailed from glen's masterpiece - -COMPLETE/CONTINUED
Jacking Pucks -PURCHASED

Near Term:
Borla Exhaust -COMPLETE
New floor mats and cargo mat -COMPLETE

Long Term:
MGW Shifter with flat stick and ball
sound dampening pads
cargo mat
rear cargo area divider/shelf
custom "launch button"
tint (HI only allows 35 all the way around and Im used to darker. But not sure if I will here since taking off later could damage the defroster, albeit a small chance)

I will update as I progress. Any input is greatly appreciated and desired!!

~Jon

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
My stage 2 rocker skirts arrived yesterday, along with OEM Z06 splitter and grille (blade silver painted air ducts) from RPI. I was going to install rockers and spliter myself but since I didn't want to tackle the grille, I decided to have a local body shop do everything for $495. The older I get, my most useful tools have become a pen and checkbook. :):)

I'm sure this thread will fill up quickly from members who have great tips on installation. You might also want to check previous threads for info.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My stage 2 rocker skirts arrived yesterday, along with OEM Z06 splitter and grille (blade silver painted air ducts) from RPI. I was going to install rockers and spliter myself but since I didn't want to tackle the grille, I decided to have a local body shop do everything for $495. The older I get, my most useful tools have become a pen and checkbook. :):)

I'm sure this thread will fill up quickly from members who have great tips on installation. You might also want to check previous threads for info.
Thanks Henry! I have read a few threads on it, but haven't found a solid video on actually performing it for the ones from g3. I will be documenting everything I do to possibly help other members in the future too. :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well I figure its time for me to post in here to get more ideas flowing.

I will be starting on my mods here shortly. Here is a quick rundown.
2015 Daytona Sunrise Orange Z06, M7, Chrome wheels, Aurora

Planned Mods:
Immediately:
Stage 2 splitter and rockers from g3carbon (anyone with experience putting in these rivets? pointers?
curb alert
front tow hook plate mount
detailed from glen's masterpiece
Jacking Pucks (not sure which to get for having the rockers... so input appreciated

Near Term:
Borla Exhaust
New floor mats and cargo mat

Long Term:
MGW Shifter with flat stick and ball
sound dampening pads
cargo mat
rear cargo area divider/shelf
custom "launch button"
possible custom keychain/tags for RKTSHP relations
tint (HI only allows 35 all the way around and Im used to darker. But not sure if I will here since taking off later could damage the defroster, albeit a small chance)

I will update as I progress. Any input is greatly appreciated and desired!!

~Jon
The pucks you want are Reverse Logic w/extension. They clear the rocker skirts and are wonderful quality.

·
18,666 Posts
Ditto on the excellence of the Reverse Logic jacking pucks. A touch more money, and the Reverse Extension extensions I have on mine, results in extra clearance for rocker skirts, and when you are jacking up on side only, do not having the slippery plastic that many other brands do, and no concerns what if a plastic puck's attachment tab breaks (several documented already).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ditto on the excellence of the Reverse Logic jacking pucks. A touch more money, and the Reverse Extension extensions I have on mine, results in extra clearance for rocker skirts, and when you are jacking up on side only, do not having the slippery plastic that many other brands do, and no concerns what if a plastic puck's attachment tab breaks (several documented already).
George said:
The pucks you want are Reverse Logic w/extension. They clear the rocker skirts and are wonderful quality.
Thanks for the info guys. These aren't stay-in since they are longer though right?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. These aren't stay-in since they are longer though right?
That's correct they are not intended for 'stay in' over any long period of time…maybe just to drive to a service garage locally.

Also, thought I should add a photo for you of another Rocket Ship! Good luck with your new machine! IMG_2490.JPG

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aurora made her debut onto Hawaii last week. Picked her up and took her home to give her the first bath, as she was quite dirty from the boat ride. Mods will start tomorrow morning! Heres a few "first pics" from the bath, and then an impromptu car drive-in (saw them as I was driving by so stopped by for a while).

IMG_20150813_174412.jpg IMG_20150813_175705949.jpg IMG_20150815_181352469_HDR.jpg IMG_20150815_184326184.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got around to some of my installs this weekend and a detail session.
I installed the mud flaps. Quick and easy. Took about 4 mins..
Took pictures, but won't post um since it is pretty standard and easy. (obviously if someone has questions, feel free to PM me)

Next I put on my front plate holder. Installs into the front tow hook. Pretty simple as well, just took some time to figure out exactly where I wanted to angle it and attach the actual plate part. As you will see from the pictures, it can be adjusted higher, lower, more left, and more right. Very very versatile design (for the most part). Great for those who are required to run a front plate, or want one to throw on for inspections/etc. Does not alter anything with the car.

bracket_front.jpg bracketside.jpg

Went to install my curb alert, but realized I wanted some D rings for mounting the wires, as well as some other 3M tape, as I want to mount it with tape on the bottom of the mount plate vice the side that its on (so that it sits on top of the grill rung, instead of attached to the bottom of the rung.) So that install will be later on, with pictures of course.

Last I did a nice wash/clay and wax followed by wet diamond in accordance with Glen e's method. Realized right before starting that I didn't have my crystal seal... somehow I guess I missed that when I ordered my supplies. I went back and checked my receipts as I keep all of them for reference.

Anywho, heres some shots from right after the wet diamond. Not sure I put enough of it on, but it looked much glassier/glossier than before.
wet_diamond.jpg wet_diamond1.jpg wet_diamond2.jpg post_wetdiamond.jpg

More to come later!

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
Beautiful JonnyL. Thanks for posting :cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Beautiful and a nice set of mods you are planning. Good luck with your new ride and may you have many miles of smiles!

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
JohnnyL - that car looks sweeeet!

If you ever get to Maui in it...my grandson wants a ride.

IMG_7525.JPG

·
Registered
371 Posts
Awesome Z! I spent two months there two summers ago. Stayed in the Ala Moana by the big mall. Made the mistake of bringing the bride over for a couple of weeks. Now ending up in Hawaii when I retire is worked into at least one conversation every single day. Hawaii Life TV show is recorded on the DVR every episode. Got yelled at when I got orders that weren't for Hawaii. I am told that Ewa Beach area is where we are buying a house.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Beautiful car Jonny! With our plates, I feel like we are REALLY car brothers. Enjoy the beast...:smile: IMG_2490.JPG

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome Z! I spent two months there two summers ago. Stayed in the Ala Moana by the big mall. Made the mistake of bringing the bride over for a couple of weeks. Now ending up in Hawaii when I retire is worked into at least one conversation every single day. Hawaii Life TV show is recorded on the DVR every episode. Got yelled at when I got orders that weren't for Hawaii. I am told that Ewa Beach area is where we are buying a house.
That's the mistake you risk when you let the bride visit! Haha
Well there are a lot of good areas including Ewa. Ewa can be a traffic nightmare but I suppose if you are retired you won't be fighting rush hour.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts