Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 60 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Thx what more do you do in the 3rd day.?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
It's a day to practice everything you learned with most of the day spent on the track. If you book a school, tell them Jeremy Welborn recommend the 3 day. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
For those going to Spring Mountain at some point in the future, please mention my name (Jeremy Welborn) when you sign up. They have a referral special going and I would like to go back for Level 1, Day 3 and then straight into the Level 2, 2 day class sometime in the next year. I highly recommend the school and would appreciate anyone dropping my name as someone who recommended that you go. It truly is an incredible experience! Thank you!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Is it worth doing the 3 day course. Very conflicted.

With the Chevrolet discount that third day ends up costing $1100. The day is primarily open lapping, so lots of miles and speed ( now that you're used to it) and abuse of brakes and tires on the cars. Guess that's what you're paying for. Some of the folks in our group that only took 2 days, were satisfied with that. But for me, I would have even liked several days MORE on top of the three. (But not at 1100 a day.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
136 Posts
Definitely worth the price for 3 days! It is easy to look at the price and say it costs $1100 for the 3rd day, like Al suggested. But I prefer to look at it as a $1745 discount over the normal price of the 3 day event. Without the GM discount $3895, with the GM discount $2150. The third day you will spend more time on the track refining what you were taught during the first two days. Just my opinion!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely worth the price for 3 days! It is easy to look at the price and say it costs $1100 for the 3rd day, like Al suggested. But I prefer to look at it as a $1745 discount over the normal price of the 3 day event. Without the GM discount $3895, with the GM discount $2150. The third day you will spend more time on the track refining what you were taught during the first two days. Just my opinion!
I agree!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hope this is the right place to post this.

Can anyone give me a sense of the cost of the stay, meals etc. that are top of the driving school costs itself. Considering this as a present to myself and my wife once our C7 arrives in August. We will fly in likely from Detroit, what would be the closest airport? Thanks !

·
Administrator
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Can anyone give me a sense of the cost of the stay, meals etc. that are top of the driving school costs itself. Considering this as a present to myself and my wife once our C7 arrives in August. We will fly in likely from Detroit, what would be the closest airport? Thanks !
The Ron Fellows Stingray Performance driving school is held in Nevada, not Detroit, and the reduced cost of the 2 day school to owners is inclusive of the school, lunches, and the use of one of their on site condos for the first night. Breakfast is $8 and dinner is on your own.:cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Ron Fellows Stingray Performance driving school is held in Nevada, not Detroit, and the reduced cost of the 2 day school to owners is inclusive of the school, lunches, and the use of one of their on site condos for the first night. Breakfast is $8 and dinner is on your own.:cool:
We are flying in from Detroit, what would be the closest airport to the school?

·
Administrator
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
We are flying in from Detroit, what would be the closest airport to the school?
Sorry missed the 'fly in likely from Detroit.' McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas is the closest. First call the school since I think they may have deals for rentals from the airport. It is an easy 1 hour drive from the airport to the school.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great, maybe we will work out a few days in Vegas and tag it onto the driving school. Thanks ! Just need to get my car first :rolleyes: , come on GM !

·
Administrator
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Ah, just a minor snag, eh? :rolleyes: Great, when you do come to Vegas let me know and perhaps we can get together. I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of our members when they attended Ron Fellows.:cool:

·
Registered
384 Posts

I think anyone who has been there (me included) will say that it is worth staying AT Spring Mountain's condos. GM will comp you ONE night, with either two day or three day school (guess they had to cut back somewhere) additional nights are $110 for minimum accommodations (which are very nice condos). Being on site makes it very easy to show up for class at 8:00 AM, even with having breakfast (there). Even though I drove my C7 from Wisconsin, I think the drive from the airport would be in the vicinity of an hour. Dinner is not always served at the grill at Spring Mountain, but Pahrump is not far away, with numerous restaurants. When I was in Las Vegas I went to a place (with a friend who lives in Vegas) that I'd seen on 'Triple D' (Diners, Drive ins and Dives), Four Kegs Restaurant and Sports bar... very cool place! Small town vibe, with Stromboli's being the specialty... yummy.
RF0607130.JPG

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was told that they are doing the schools at the new South Track and Building now.

Is that true? I haven't run the new section of the track but have a lot of laps on the 2.2, 3.1, and 3.5 mile configurations.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I was told that they are doing the schools at the new South Track and Building now.

Is that true? I haven't run the new section of the track but have a lot of laps on the 2.2, 3.1, and 3.5 mile configurations.
When they have a Monday-Wednesday 3 Day Level 1 Class running the same week as their Tuesday-Wednesday 2 Day Level 1 Class, the 3 Day Class runs the 2.2 mile track and the 2 Day Class runs the 1.5 mile track.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I know it's been mentioned, but would I be disappointed by not taking the 3 day course? I'm taking the course mainly to learn even though it is fun of course. Could I save a G and just spend a day at my local track? Thx guys

·
Registered
384 Posts
I know it's been mentioned, but would I be disappointed by not taking the 3 day course? I'm taking the course mainly to learn even though it is fun of course. Could I save a G and just spend a day at my local track? Thx guys
I guess it's a case of not missing what you didn't get. After two days, you'll be very satisfied with what you've experienced to date... that third day is primarily track time... and the big difference between a local track day and running at Spring Mountain is - you run THEIR cars flat out, without any concern for fuel, tires, brake pads or other wear items. I think everyone who has taken that third day, will agree it was worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
If you have any other need for the money skip the third day for now and go back and take the third day when you take the level 2 class. If you don't have any other need for the extra thousand dollars take the third day now. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am doing the two day class October 6 & 7. Anyone else signed up for this class yet?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks for the advice boys, we all know that we all want to do the 3 days. I'm trying to convince myself otherwise for some reason, feeling like I've been too reckless with coin for over a year now lol. I should just book it and forget about it. We'll see.

41 - 60 of 494 Posts