Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 ZO6. Coupe Problem with roof creaking/rattle. When vehicle went in for 1st service 3+ years ago fixed. It is now making noise again.

·
Administrator
15,149 Posts
Often removing the roof panel, cleaning the gasket all the way around and applying a thin coating of dialectrical lube does the trick.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Unless you have a C4 then nothing works except turning up the stereo :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
2015 ZO6. Coupe Problem with roof creaking/rattle. When vehicle went in for 1st service 3+ years ago fixed. It is now making noise again.
Had the same issue on my 2017 and remedied the problem by installing O-Rings to the roof posts!

Bought the O-Rings at Lowe's in the Plumbing Section!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
The o-rings worked great on my roof.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That happened with my 14 C7. I wrapped some electrical tape around the pins and it’s been quiet ever since. The dealers have a fix for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2015 Z-51 had that terrible creaking noise when it warmed up outside. I tried the grease, tried the O-rings, tried tightening and loosening the pins. finally gave in and had the GM Chevy solution done, they replaced the alignment pins with a pin that was coated, and replaced the latches... Finally quiet, like it should have been from the factory., there is a factory bulletin on it.

·
Administrator
15,149 Posts
My 2015 Z-51 had that terrible creaking noise when it warmed up outside. I tried the grease, tried the O-rings, tried tightening and loosening the pins. finally gave in and had the GM Chevy solution done, they replaced the alignment pins with a pin that was coated, and replaced the latches... Finally quiet, like it should have been from the factory., there is a factory bulletin on it.
They changed to pins later in 2015. That is what is used in the update.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 2015 (April 2015 delivery) started the popping and cracking this past summer. I have cleaned and greased each year. Can you point me to the factory bulletin?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts