Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts on roof noise, mine started as occasional, and became chronic. As in driving over a road line reflector would make it rattle.

Today I lubricated the touch points with INOX using a q-tip (for the second time) but today I also tightened the rear clasp. Requires an allen key to loosen the hook. I was only able to turn the hook 1 complete turn but, it completely solved the issue. Roof is silent. Hope it lasts.

·
Registered
Corvette StingRay, Z51, M7 - Hennessy 750 HP Mod's
61 Posts
imac, thank you for the tips! Heading out to do mine now. Best, Sting

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've seen a few posts on roof noise, mine started as occasional, and became chronic. As in driving over a road line reflector would make it rattle.

Today I lubricated the touch points with INOX using a q-tip (for the second time) but today I also tightened the rear clasp. Requires an allen key to loosen the hook. I was only able to turn the hook 1 complete turn but, it completely solved the issue. Roof is silent. Hope it lasts.
Mine is having the same issue... are you referring to the back clasp for the removable roof? Mine sounds like it's coming from the back corner/corners?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts