Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Roof question

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  glen e 
#1 ·
If I get the standard painted roof panel, can a clear visible roof or CF roof be bought seperately from a dealership later on?

#2 ·
Yelp. Ask the salesman to take you to meet the parts department manager. Then ask them both at the same time what type of discount they will give you later on after the car is in if you drop the dual roof for now to help out with the constraints issue. Get this as part of the deal when you put in your order and give your deposit.

#5 ·
I ordered my C7 on 12-3, the order had a body color roof, which was constrained, and we talked about it. I got the salesman and sales manager to sign the P.O. with a statement to the effect that if I had the opportunity to move up the waiting list by changing to a transparent roof I would, on the condition that the transparent roof was priced at dealer cost, and the subsequent purchase of a body color roof from parts would also be at dealer cost. They agreed and signed. A few weeks later the call came, I could move up if I agreed to a transparent roof. I agreed. I immediately moved to 2000 status. I called again on Dec. 30 to find that I am at 3300 status with a TPW of Jan 13.

#10 ·
If it's due to contraints, I would speak to your dealer first before changing what you want. I was told if I changed roof options (CF to anything else) I could have my order placed immediately. I fought the impatient urge, lo and behold, a week later my dealer called and said the constraints have eased and they would be placing my order. I'm at 3000 with a TPW of 1/27/14 (order placed the day after Thanksgiving).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.