Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday (May 4, 5, 6, 2018) on the 31st Annual Route 66 Fun Run and had a great time! The run is from Seligman to Topock, in Northern Arizona, along a long stretch of the original Route 66. Additionally, we hit other stretches of Route 66 on the way there, and generally avoided the Interstates to the greatest extent possible on the whole trip up and back - just a solid, old-school Corvette run totalling 630 miles.

I have a lot of pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qTeaaUuTmhoDFntw8 if you're interested in the trip and the scenery. There are a lot of car pictures, but mostly cruising; although there is a huge car show in Kingman, I just took a few pictures there because we were enjoying the day and getting around town more than doing a photo project. The pictures show a lot of the Arizona scenery and if you saw the movie Cars (the Pixar cartoon), it may look familiar to you.

There was several hundred cars on the Fun Run, including dozens of Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, rods, customs, rentals, minivans - just get it down the road! Also, people from Europe, Japan, and all around the USA - what fun! It was great to meet new friends, forum friends, and old friends along the way - think of it as a super long cruise night. We'll definitely be doing it again!

IMG_9633.JPG

IMG_9666.JPG

IMG_9781.JPG

IMG_9848.JPG

IMG_9955.JPG

IMG_9974.JPG

·
18,667 Posts
Thank you so much German. We are so glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your wonderful (as always) pictures. Such great vehicles were with you on your trip! As I was just starting to look at them, I was looking for the donkeys. No surprise, they were there and you got them.

Thank you again!

·
Administrator
15,423 Posts
Looks like it was a lot of fun German. Plenty of interesting cars and scenery in your linked gallery. Thanks for bringing us along. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Great pictures! I love AZ :tennis:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
German, very cool shots, the Dart looks wicked and I like the night time shot by the ice cream shop.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rick, that Dart was easily an 8 second car and being street driven, it was awesome! The night shots of everyone cruising up and down 66 were Friday night in Seligman, the starting point of the run, that was a lot of fun. Ice cream, root beer, music, cars - just about a perfect evening.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Awesome thread, German! I really enjoyed seeing the photos. I may have to attend this some year.

My dream vacation is to drive the entire Route 66, but will start exploring in TX, OK, and NM. If you weren’t aware, there is a new movement by the National Trust for Historic Preservation to try to get government protection for this important heritage: Leading Preservation Group Invites Public to Get Its Kicks on Route 66 with Campaign to Secure Federal Historic Designation

Texas has a Route 66 license plate theme in a pre-order status. They need 200 orders, before production begins. I have reserved the following plate, and hope it gets produced soon:

33D3D898-9520-47D6-AD94-B6B38A31E496.png

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Awesome thread, German! I really enjoyed seeing the photos. I may have to attend this some year.

My dream vacation is to drive the entire Route 66, but will start exploring in TX, OK, and NM. If you weren’t aware, there is a new movement by the National Trust for Historic Preservation to try to get government protection for this important heritage: Leading Preservation Group Invites Public to Get Its Kicks on Route 66 with Campaign to Secure Federal Historic Designation

Texas has a Route 66 license plate theme in a pre-order status. They need 200 orders, before production begins. I have reserved the following plate, and hope it gets produced soon:

View attachment 264106
twowinns, very cool looking plate!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Scott, interesting info and great plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts