Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question for those who have purchased the RPI style Black Out Tail Light Covers. Not concerned about falling off issue. The ones i received have a small burr / bump at edge (probably 0.010" high) that I assume is bad trimming when came out of mold. When trial fitting they don't feel like they are going all the way in past the plastic surround in some places.

When you installed did you remove the surround before installing (direction or Youtube videos do not talk at all about needing to remove)? Did you deburr or did you notice the burr I am talking about. At this point I feel mine will be held off a good seal with tape if don't address the burr or else I need to return to vender and forget.

Again I have read all the stories about them coming off but wondering if it was the tape or possibly the burr. Don't think I can get the burr to show up much in a picture, so not posting one.

Thanks in advance for replies

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I did not remove the surround. I didn’t notice any burrs on the plastic. Mine have been in over two years with no issues. If there is a burr you can probably remove it fairly easy with a small file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts