Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free installation for any that come to the shop direct!! And the RX system, the original true dual valve solution for the Stingray and the original cleanside separator.

Protect your engine from intake valve coking issues and other oil ingestion related problems:

Any color or finish, no extra charge from Polished, Matte black, to most solid and metallic OEM colors.

True actual full AN fittings and barbs, not cheap clamp covers.

The original RX Technology, and not a copy. We have the engineering and R&D experience and knowledge, and offer the technical support no one can match.

Call direct to order:

941-721-1826

Or:

[email protected]

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any application, turbo, supercharged, or bone stock.

Also, Weapon X carries all of these solutions direct so if they are your tuner shop, one stop for all.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corrects the oil ingestion issues (see the oil leak threads) and is excellent insurance to keep your engine healthy and happy for years.

Call direct to order: 941-721-1826 [email protected] for technical information.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Can you PM me a good installer near the 92399 area that could put that catch can and clean side in a 2015 base model. I'm pretty sure I'd screw it up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Can you PM me a good installer near the 92399 area that could put that catch can and clean side in a 2015 base model. I'm pretty sure I'd screw it up.
You certainly do not need a clean side on a base model...it does not have a oil reservoir like the Z51.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You certainly do not need a clean side on a base model...it does not have a oil reservoir like the Z51.
Though it may not be nearly as severe, every engine has a clean side (fresh) and a dirty side (foul) and anytime you are over say 2/3rds throttle and the intake manifold vacuum drops to nothing there will be some back-flow of vapors through that line into the intake air charge, so with these engines being direct injection, you want NO oil ingestion....so the small price for the cleanside separator, yes, highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Tuner boost,

Do you have any intake valve photos for Stingrays that had RX installed early in their lives and have now accumulated some miles?

I've seen the photos of oil captured in the can, but I realize no can stops 100% of the oil vapors.

Thanks!

Tom

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Tom,

Thats what were tracking now. Several have installed at new, or nearly new but none with more than 5-8k miles yet since installation. Want to track at 20-30-50k miles and more. We do have examples of other DI engines that show app the same rate of coking at 68k miles and just a very light coat of deposits VS at the same miles w/out the valves 30-40% blocked...so very substantial.

Probably going to take a few years to get a few with more miles on to document the LT1 specific.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Though it may not be nearly as severe, every engine has a clean side (fresh) and a dirty side (foul) and anytime you are over say 2/3rds throttle and the intake manifold vacuum drops to nothing there will be some back-flow of vapors through that line into the intake air charge, so with these engines being direct injection, you want NO oil ingestion....so the small price for the cleanside separator, yes, highly recommended.
And where does the cleanside separator go on a wet-sump LT1 (non-Z51)? The cleanside separator as discussed at length in this FORUM fits to the top of the oil reservoir of a dry-sump LT1 (Z51). There is no oil reservoir on a wet-sump. The wet-sump LT1 PCV system has an air intake on each valve cover. The L-shaped fitting on each valve cover has a check valve to restrict reverse flow into the intake ducting ahead of the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hi Tom,

Thats what were tracking now. Several have installed at new, or nearly new but none with more than 5-8k miles yet since installation. Want to track at 20-30-50k miles and more. We do have examples of other DI engines that show app the same rate of coking at 68k miles and just a very light coat of deposits VS at the same miles w/out the valves 30-40% blocked...so very substantial.

Probably going to take a few years to get a few with more miles on to document the LT1 specific.
How many miles on the intake port and valve shown in the photo at the top of this thread? If 5-8K miles, that would give some basis for comparison with photos of those cars with RX installed at new.

Really interested in this product! Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
How many miles on the intake port and valve shown in the photo at the top of this thread? If 5-8K miles, that would give some basis for comparison with photos of those cars with RX installed at new.

Really interested in this product! Thanks!
The top picture is not a Stingray. Is the intake port an LT1?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My instal was around the 5k mark. Ive got just over 15k now. I'll be trying to get back by the end of the year so we can do a pick of the valves. I do not have a clean side separator on my car. I'm thinking id like to install one at the time and run another 10,000 miles and we can get a baseline on valve deposits for a z51 with both after 10k miles, after this visit we will have a baseline for deposits with out a clean side separator. When we installed my catch can we cleaned the valves. There were deposits after 5 k miles.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, all the pictures are from Stingrays as we installed the systems here and also show the intake valves before doing the manual cleaning procedure.

Will be good to see Matt's when it comes back in. That will be a start.

This video also shows:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Tracy...you may have missed this question:

And where does the cleanside separator go on a wet-sump LT1 (non-Z51)? The cleanside separator as discussed at length in this FORUM fits to the top of the oil reservoir of a dry-sump LT1 (Z51). There is no oil reservoir on a wet-sump. The wet-sump LT1 PCV system has an air intake on each valve cover. The L-shaped fitting on each valve cover has a check valve to restrict reverse flow into the intake ducting ahead of the throttle body.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tracy...you may have missed this question:

I did...sorry & thx!

The wet-sump the can installs the same, but the cleanside replaces the oil fill cap on the drivers side valve cover, and the line from right there is removed and the barb from the cleanside then runs to the air bridge. You cap the barb that did run direct.

Tanks again!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I did...sorry & thx!

The wet-sump the can installs the same, but the cleanside replaces the oil fill cap on the drivers side valve cover, and the line from right there is removed and the barb from the cleanside then runs to the air bridge. You cap the barb that did run direct.

Tanks again!!
Thanks for the reply Tracy. Visualizing replacement of the oil fill cap with a cleanside separator as you describe peaks my curiosity as how this will effect the patent pending PCV system of the LT1.

My observations in no particular order:

1: The cleanside separator as used on the Z51 Stingray sits vertically on top of the oil reservoir. In that position, any captured oil will drain back into the reservoir. When used in place of the oil fill cap of the non-Z51, the cleanside separator will be positioned at approximately 45 degrees and will not completely drain of the captured oil.

2: There is a rocker arm directly below the oil fill cap which will bathe the underside of the cleanside separator continuously. This may or may not present a problem as there will normally be air entering the rocker cover through the cleanside separator. One must be mindful at all times of the position of the barb fitting because the residual pooled oil in the separator could enter the air bridge because it is not inhibited in any way. Haphazard handling of the separator while adding oil to the engine could actually dump oil into the air line. This is a different environment than on top of the oil reservoir of a Z51.

3: The cleanside L-shaped fitting you are suggesting be removed sits on the high side of a dome at the front of the driver side rocker cover. The air intake for that rocker cover will be moved rear-ward 4" and sit in a valley of the rocker cover, an entirely different location than was intended with the PCV system design.

4: The cleanside separator does not have a check-valve like the L-shaped fitting removed on the driver side valve cover. That check valve inhibits air flow from the valve cover toward the air fitting on the air bridge.

5: With the cleanside separator installed on the driver side valve cover, the check valve controlled L-shaped fitting remains on the passenger side valve cover for the PCV air intake on that side. Won't the perceived problematic oil saturated air that is purified on the driver side by adding the cleanside separator remain oil saturated as you theorize on the passenger side?

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the reply Tracy. Visualizing replacement of the oil fill cap with a cleanside separator as you describe peaks my curiosity as how this will effect the patent pending PCV system of the LT1.

My observations in no particular order:

1: The cleanside separator as used on the Z51 Stingray sits vertically on top of the oil reservoir. In that position, any captured oil will drain back into the reservoir. When used in place of the oil fill cap of the non-Z51, the cleanside separator will be positioned at approximately 45 degrees and will not completely drain of the captured oil.

May allow a small amount to remain in the drain section of the cleanside, but not an issue.

2: There is a rocker arm directly below the oil fill cap which will bathe the underside of the cleanside separator continuously. This may or may not present a problem as there will normally be air entering the rocker cover through the cleanside separator. One must be mindful at all times of the position of the barb fitting because the residual pooled oil in the separator could enter the air bridge because it is not inhibited in any way. Haphazard handling of the separator while adding oil to the engine could actually dump oil into the air line. This is a different environment than on top of the oil reservoir of a Z51.

The cleanside separator should always be used with the RX dual valve can, or the Monster can. When this is done there should never be back-flow through the cleanside, so no oil to pool. Any momentary pressure that would occur the cleanside traps any oil and quickly returns it to the valve cover. The rocker arm cannot fling oil into it...take the valve cover off and look, the baffel system is GM's best to date and it would be impossible as there is no direct line to the cleanside...all goes through GM's underside baffle first. The only way what you describe on oil getting into the cleanside line would be if left as it comes from the factory...and the RX system provides proper evacuation at all times, the factory system does not at anything over 2/3rds throttle....so the RX system prevents this from happening period.

3: The cleanside L-shaped fitting you are suggesting be removed sits on the high side of a dome at the front of the driver side rocker cover. The air intake for that rocker cover will be moved rear-ward 4" and sit in a valley of the rocker cover, an entirely different location than was intended with the PCV system design.
And far better. The clean air enters the baffle same as the OEM barb....both travel through the baffle before then flowing past the rocker arms, and down the pushrod valley flushing the foul vapors.....you may want to actually take a valve cover off and look at how the flow occurs before stating completely incorrect assumptions.

4: The cleanside separator does not have a check-valve like the L-shaped fitting removed on the driver side valve cover. That check valve inhibits air flow from the valve cover toward the air fitting on the air bridge.

You already mentioned that, and if you understood why the OEM PCV system allows oil to back-flow due to crankcase pressure building anytime the driver goes over 2/3rds throttle causing this. The RX system eliminates this so again, all this is explained over and over in great detail....is someone that does not understand the OEM system or the RX system feeding you these things? You look much more knowledgeable if you first verify what your incorrectly stating first....say just ask me if these things occur or how first, but you made false statements all through this and I would have been happy to answer questions and explain it so you did know first....makes you look far more knowledgeable instead of the exact opposite as you have done here. I am always more than happy to explain if a question is asked, but posting what you have sure is embarrassing. Thats why I ask, "who is feeding you this?" They are playing you.

5: With the cleanside separator installed on the driver side valve cover, the check valve controlled L-shaped fitting remains on the passenger side valve cover for the PCV air intake on that side. Won't the perceived problematic oil saturated air that is purified on the driver side by adding the cleanside separator remain oil saturated as you theorize on the passenger side?
Again.....please look at the RX install and explanation. You would never leave that line intact....it would defeat what the cleanside unit does. Common sense should apply. Please now, this is some crazy stuff your posting here that someone w/out a clue had to have fed you....you can't be that ignorant to this (at least I would think not). Just ask me first so you don't look so ...ah...uninformed before you post such rubish as fact. There are other members here that understand this as well you could have asked first instead of posting such ridiculous BS.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just like this post...you make a false statement as if it was fact....much smarter to ask " Is that top picture a StingRay? And then if you looked, you would clearly see it is. The photos were taken during the can install and the intake valve cleaning.....and the owner of that Stingray came in to verify. Where are you getting this crazy stuff you post?

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I thought the questions in post #17 were some good questions. I suppose that means I am not knowledgeable about these things. However, isn't that the point of asking?

I understand the benefits of the dual valve catch can on both the dry sump and the wet sump engines. I understand the benefit of the clean side separator on the dry sump. However, like 2ndvette, I do not understand the benefit of the clean side separator on the wet sump.

Reactions: jsvette
1 - 20 of 41 Posts