Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mjw930 and others,

Your logic doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I spend 200000 on a house and happily spend hundreds of dollars a year to make sure it isn't eaten by ants or infested by rats. Why would you balk at spending a hundred bucks on your $100,000 sports car to help make sure the performance stays as high as you want it? Sure, you can skip the pest control or the oil catch can, but isn't the minor cost worth the piece of mind that the life of your investment won't be cut short?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
341 Posts
And yet there are tens of thousands of cars on the road with direct injection that are running just fine by different OEMs. Porsche switched to direct injection in all of their models in 2009 or 2010 without adding any supplemental catch cans todate. Perhaps in spite of the apparent build up on the back of the valves these engines still run strong. As with any accessory or insurance it is an option for each individual to decide whether they need, want or pass on it.
You bet ! Any add on or accessory is optional. I have always felt good about how information is presented in our forum and like anything else, this information is subjective. Each one of us can adopt a course or ignore it, but we're all entitled to talk about it.......or not. I hope that good empirical data is shared on this thread about oil vapor and the LT4 and that healthy conversations can be had without hysteria or judgment.
Derik

Reactions: Z06 Owned

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Tell you what. Like some of you have indicated all this information is provided to everyone with some acknowledging or accepting certain aspects and other being total skeptics. I don't sell or promote anything I don't believe in and wouldn't pay for myself. Based on my 40+ years of experience, the theory behind this topic together with actual information passed onto me from dealership line technicians and a service department manager, the valve coking issue is real and present. Was told of the valve coking and cleaning before even joining this forum. I have absolutely nothing to gain here, nor do I have any stake in any organization who might. Therefore believe it if you will or dismiss it if you must. There's no right or wrong here because it's your cars. However, I'll be dropping over $100K on a new Z06 in a couple of weeks and I'm going to be installing mine with only 14-miles on the odometer. It's an individual choice and that choice is entirely up to you. Just IMHO..

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Lots of discussion and lots of FUD floating around the Internet...
Mark: I give up, what is FUD? I think I can guess what the first letter stands for, but don't have a clue about what the other two letters stand for. Can you explain it in a forum friendly way?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thanks, that's the first time I've seen this acronym. I guess if you have it really bad it becomes an Elmer FUD...;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Tmcternan...please report back with your install results!
Will do Z06 Owner. Might even do a video or at least a step by step. It really doesn't appear to be that difficult of a job. In fact, it shouldn't take more than an hour tops. Most extra time taken with allot of this stuff involves taking too many frequent and unnecessary breaks and jaw jacking if anyone is around. Otherwise, might be able to cut it down to fifteen minutes... Car has a TPW of 2/2/15, so whatever time the train ride out here to the left coast is going to take..... I'll get on it as soon as the car arrives.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts