Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who spends any time on this thread should be familiar with the name Ron (ronkh) from Florida. A great guy who really had a handle on detailing his car and what product performs in what way. A wealth of knowledge that he was always happy to share. His AW C7 was a beauty for sure. Ron passed this last weekend i believe after about a two year battle with cancer. While I never met the man in person I can say after a few contacts back and forth sharing our battles with Head and Neck Cancer as well as our love for our AW Corvettes and the sickness we know as detailing our cars I can say a top notch knowledgeable guy . Most important always willing to share his knowledge with others.
Hard for me to wrap my mind around the pain and suffering he went through and his family as well. My sympathies to all that knew him well and anyone affected by his passing.

RIP Ron

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
Very unfortunate to read about Ron's losing his fight. Deepest condolences to his family. His contributions will certainly be remembered by many of our SRF family.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Didn't realize Ron was on here as well, a great loss for sure.

Met him over on some Detailing Forums, he first suggested I try what became my favorite coating. Never saw a white car so blindingly reflective as his Vette, and his previous black one was a mirror as well.

Great help to many, always up to try some new potion to eek out a bit more gloss. Layer upon layer of spritzes and sprays, was known affectionately as the 'Wax Waster'.

His mealtime threads had some unbelievable pics of culinary conquests, definately a passion for that as well.

Ron will be sorely missed by all he met both online and in the real world.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Ron will be missed for all those same items above. He and I traded many a private message.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
He definitely was an extremely nice and helpful person. He will be missed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sad to see this. He sure enjoyed trying new products that made that Arctic White C7 glow. Godspeed Ron and the Lord’s peace be on his family and loved ones.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Condolences to Ron's family and everyone here that knew him well.

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
I was surprised and sorry to hear of Ron's passing, one of the good guys. My condolences to family and friends.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I second what Rodney and Norm said. Ron was extremely nice, kind, and definitely one of the good guys. You will be missed by many. My condolences to family and friends.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Echo same as all the above. Corresponded with him on occasion and appreciated his knowledge. I Knew he was sick but was hopeful he was on the mend. Life is short. Be kind to one another.

Thank you Snow-Ray for the update.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMG so sad may be RIP. I’m a Stage 4 head & neck survivor. So grateful to be here.
Lot's of us out here i suspect. Same diagnosis here as well. It was a battle for sure but blessed to be alive, and happy for you as well..
In the interest of trying to make lemonade from lemons. I lost over 25% of my body wight which enabled me to comfortable get in and out of a C7 Corvette which i wasn't able to do pre-cancer....
Not a weight loss program I am recommending however..:tickled_pink:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Condolences to his family and friends. I read several of his posts over the years. Lots of good info. His
passing is a loss to us all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
15 Participants
OMJ
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing