Stingray Corvette Forum banner

381 - 400 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
AWESOME! Can't wait to see our first Z06 outside of the factory and on the road!

Richie, which dealership is yours going to?

And did you join our Northern California Members group yet? ;) We had an awesome drive yesterday and have another one scheduled for next Sunday.

Cheers,
Richie, what dealer is your Z06 going to. Rich, at Abel Chevy, mentioned that they were getting in a Z06 about the same time.
Hi guys and gals... This is Rich from Abel Chevy and RichieRichZ06 is my name on most automotive forums that I'm involved in. I did join the FB page and I am looking forward to some of the events in the spring time. Over the winter, we spend nearly every single weekend at our cabin at Lake Almanor so I am almost never home for Corvette events this time of year. Hopefully I can even get a few of you to try out Auto Cross or track days so that you can experience what these cars are really made for.

Our new Z06 should arrive in the next 3-5 days and will likely be on the same truck as Glen's car. I can't wait because we turned the 2014 Z51 back into the dealership 3 weeks ago so we've been without our street car since then.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys and gals... This is Rich from Abel Chevy and RichieRichZ06 is my name on most automotive forums that I'm involved in. I did join the FB page and I am looking forward to some of the events in the spring time. Over the winter, we spend nearly every single weekend at our cabin at Lake Almanor so I am almost never home for Corvette events this time of year. Hopefully I can even get a few of you to try out Auto Cross or track days so that you can experience what these cars are really made for.

Our new Z06 should arrive in the next 3-5 days and will likely be on the same truck as Glen's car. I can't wait because we turned the 2014 Z51 back into the dealership 3 weeks ago so we've been without our street car since then.
OK Rich, I've got it straight now!
I tell you I'm climbing the walls here. My car has been in Milpitas since 12/23. I'm looking forward to a call any day now. See you soon!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I tell you I'm climbing the walls here. My car has been in Milpitas since 12/23. I'm looking forward to a call any day now. See you soon!
Glenn -- It took 3 days for my C7 to travel 8 miles from Milpitas to San Jose. Hope you get it quickly. Weather looks sunny but cool for the next week, nice for a ride. Please stop over my house so I can see it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Keep us posted Rich and Glenn! I can't believe its taking that long from Milpitas, but I've heard similar stories.

And hope you're both on the same truck too.

At my delivery dealer, my car came in 3 days to Concord, but AHEAD of one other of theirs that was sitting in Milpitas longer.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I just wanted to post this pic on the Bay Area thread... awesome pic taken by harvey925 of the group before the drive today. 7 C7s, our biggest group event yet. (And I wasn't even there because I had a prior commitment.) So stoked there was such a great turnout though.

From left to right I think the cars are thedemoman, smehat, smokey12, BLURAY_Z51, harvey925, VETTRIN, and grilloz

As you can see, the guys in our group have an affinity for changing out the front grill to the Z06 version. ;) We do have a few Z06s in our group already, but none of them were on this drive.

Group shot of 7 010315 drive.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just wanted to post this pic on the Bay Area thread... awesome pic taken by harvey925 of the group before the drive today. 7 C7s, our biggest group event yet. (And I wasn't even there because I had a prior commitment.) So stoked there was such a great turnout though.

From left to right I think the cars are thedemoman, smehat, smokey12, BLURAY_Z51, harvey925, VETTRIN, and grilloz

As you can see, the guys in our group have an affinity for changing out the front grill to the Z06 version. ;) We do have a few Z06s in our group already, but none of them were on this drive.

View attachment 19459
Can't wait to add a little more color to the group! :cool:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Can't wait to add a little more color to the group! :cool:
Me too!

I can't tell you how excited I get when we get the yellow and white ones mixed in. We have A LOT of black and blue photos. Not that I don't love them and those, but I dream of a full rainbow of colors photo someday. :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
P1130628.JPG

Met DonJuan yesterday. Here is a pic of his super beautiful all black Z06!

·
Administrator
15,154 Posts
Welcome to our forum sgtdday and congratulations on your beautiful Stingray!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Would just like to officially announce the formation of the NorCal C7 StingRay Club with a majority of its members residing in the SF Bay Area.

DSC_0407.JPG DSC_0452.JPG

This past weekend we had our first official club meeting which had a record turnout of 18 C7s including 2 Z06s!! Thread link for the first club meeting pictures are below. :cool:
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/western-stingray-owners/9293-1st-norcal-c7-stingray-club-meet-treasure-island-sf-ca.html

If anyone is interested in joining in on the fun, feel free to send me a PM for more details or look for our FaceBook club page under "NorCal C7 StingRay Club".
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1585173868382913/

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Administrator
15,154 Posts
Congrats on the NorCal C7 club Ryan! That is a really nice turn out for your first official meeting. Went to view the pictures and unfortunately the link you put up to your club pics is for a Facebook link which requires log on- and believe it or not, there are still a few of us who are not on Facebook. Continued success with your newly formed group. If I were closer I would drop by for sure :cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Haha, no problem Jeff! We will definitely let you know if the club decides a drive down to Sin City :cool:

Congrats on the NorCal C7 club Ryan! That is a really nice turn out for your first official meeting. Went to view the pictures and unfortunately the link you put up to your club pics is for a Facebook link which requires log on- and believe it or not, there are still a few of us who are not on Facebook. Continued success with your newly formed group. If I were closer I would drop by for sure :cool:

·
Administrator
15,154 Posts
Haha, no problem Jeff! We will definitely let you know if the club decides a drive down to Sin City :cool:
Sounds like a deal- and if I decide I just have to have the Lobster Thermidor at Tadich Grill I will let you know :cool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Route suggestion -- takes a little longer but so much nicer. I was driving West on I580 from Tracy this morning and instead of staying on I580 over the Altamont, which is one of the worst sections of Freeway in NorCal, I decided to take a detour. I exited I580 at Grant Line road. Went North about 1/4 mile and then West on Altamont Pass Road. Speed limit is 55, well paved, clear of pebbles (except near the landfill), with nice sweeping curves. Then, you can jump back onto I580 at Vasco Road.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yes, Art.. I concur its a nice road. I've done that one multiple times thanks to a drive first with VETTRIN and then a few times on my own. I avoid freeways whenever possible! ;)

381 - 400 of 430 Posts