Stingray Corvette Forum banner

401 - 420 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
ill have my z06 in 3 weeks you guys should come up to test and tune to sears point. ordered my drag pack for it. hoping to run mid 10s on the 8 speed auto

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I live in San Ramon. Just picked up my shark gray Z51, 2LT, A8 last week.
Awesome! We're in San Ramon also. :) I'll send you a PM with our info if you want to get in touch. :)

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I recommend Jason at Wheel Works in Livermore if you need an alignment. He did my C7 this morning and the car finally tracks down the road like I would expect it to.

The car pulled to the right when I picked it up from the dealer. They did a free alignment. This corrected the pull, but I still had a right drift. I brought it back a few weeks latter, the dealer confirmed the right drift, and did another free alignment. I then put 1500 miles on the car but it just never tracked down the road like other cars I have owned. People told me it’s because of the tires, race car suspension, it’s not a Lexus, etc. I decided to take it to Wheel Works. They measured the alignment and noted that the rear wheels pointed in one direction and front wheels pointed in the opposite direction. They said the wheel angles compensated each other and caused the car “sort of” to track straight but this is not the way to align a car. They then precisely aligned the car to the middle of the specification while I watched the computer screen on the Hunter Alignment Machine. I test drove the car with the tech in the passenger seat. I noted that I felt I was applying slightly more left force to the steering wheel than right force to keep a straight track down the road. Back to the rack and a tweak to the baseline spec but still within tolerance. Another test drive and the car brought a smile to my face. Finally it tracks like I would expect.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thanks Art.

For those in the Northern area I suggest "The Alignment Shop" in Fairfield. We went there to have a more aggressive camber since we like hard cornering and wanted a bigger contact patch when we were doing that. He did a great job. Rich from Abel suggested him. We couldn't be happier. He does 'regular' alignments too. Costco recommends him up there. :) Need an appointment though, as he's a one man shop.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
15,144 Posts
Thanks for posting BLURAY Z51! Really like the first shot with the mirror capture :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow!! Great pics!! Anyone in Central Cali? I have a few people (not all vettes, but other exotics) looking to do a cruise soon...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey Jay,

We don't really have any members in your area but I'm sure we can definitely organize a cruise soon with the club. Let me know!

Wow!! Great pics!! Anyone in Central Cali? I have a few people (not all vettes, but other exotics) looking to do a cruise soon...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hi some of us are doing the Vettes for Vets in old Sac at the California Auto Museum on Monday. Starts at 10am. Costs $25.

After a few hours of that, we're going on a drive. I will post the details on the Northern California Members Group once we figure out the route.

You are welcome to do either or both!

PM me before Sunday night if you want to try to meet up.

Suzy

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
This thread has not had any activity in a long time.

Do we have any new forum members in the S.F. Bay Area (or NorCal in general)?

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a NorCal c7 club on Facebook that I'm a member of and has decent chatter. i wonder if more chatter has moved over there. Hmmmm

401 - 420 of 430 Posts