Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't have to tell anyone to smile when they take delivery of a new Corvette...it comes with the moment. That is one of the fun parts of the job... among the many. I was a General Manager of a Chevrolet dealer in the Country side of Maryland for many many yrs. The new Administration got rid of the smaller Chevrolet dealers in 2008 and I ended up at Criswell (only 6 miles from my home) and the rest is history as they say. I started selling Corvettes in the Summer of 1978 and have never looked back. I get re-connected with past Corvette customers all the time especially with the internet being what it is and Corvette events that I attend. The Spring Mountain Race Track guys couldn't believe how many people I knew as they walked by their tent at this past Corvettes at Carlisle event 4 weeks ago. Frankly it shocks me that I remember the specific Corvette each of them have purchased ...sometimes before I recall their name.

~Richard and his wife Factory ordered this Stingray Z51 cpe from me over the phone as they reside in Great Falls, VA. They sold their 1999 Vette and waited for their 2015 to arrive. To say he was thrilled would be an understatement. Black/Black with the new 8spd Auto.

View from his Vette at delivery....

~Saturday's Service lane view. I would guess that Criswell Service works on approx. 300+ Corvettes per mos. Hence the reason we have 4 Corvette certified mechanics...and one specific Corvette Lane rep. Dina has been at Criswell 16+ yrs and does a great job!
~~C5, C3, C7 and a C6.

~Ray H from Landover, MD walked in the dealership 8 weeks ago and plopped down $500 cash and states..."I want to order a new Stingray, I bought my 1991 Vette here!" So we spec'd out a Crystal Red Convt with Black top and I really like the Z51 spoiler he chose to be Carbon Flash Black...it matches the top and interior perfect! 8spd Auto was just the ticket for him.

~I often get Corvette customers buying other vehicles from me besides Corvettes. Just a few months ago Tim, my Golfing partner, brought his Father down from Temple, PA to trade two C5's in on a Limerock Green Convt...well his twin sister ordered a new 2015 Malibu LTZ in Butte Red and I got it built and delivered within 4 weeks. They came down from PA Saturday and took delivery.

~Here are pics from Chuck, the Father of the two above when he took his Stingray a few mos back.

~Father and son took home their new pride and joy to Berlin, MD

~Stingray customer Court T. from Annapolis, MD fixed his Garage issue by adding a lift.

~I see this 1975 at the Golf club all the time...still haven't met Wild Al!

~Florida Customer Mike H, sent me his new Stingray sitting next to his other cruiser...Wow!

~Tom reaches out every once in a while, he bought this '89 brand new from me and I remember the day he got it. Here are his pics from back in the day. He took off the original steering wheel on day 2 of ownership and is planning on sending it to me for my office.

I could do this all day...but it's Sunday and I am going to take a ride in my Stingray...hope to see other Corvettes on the road, Wave on!

Mike Furman
301 212 4420 desk direct
Chevy Corvette Dealer MD | Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, DC, PA | Criswell
Criswell Chevrolet
Gaithersburg, MD
"I sell Corvettes Nationwide and have done so for 36+ yrs"

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thank you for sharing Mike. You know, many of us find ourselves in careers for many different reasons. Some of us just happen to fall into different ones and others find the best one that "Fits Perfectly" to who they are and corresponds with their own personal interests. Some get into a particular field just for the potential financial rewards. I have always kind of envied some of those that have been able to discover and make a living at what they truly enjoyed doing. In doing so, it definitely reflects on their work ethic and effectiveness in how they serve others. I personally feel blessed in having been directed somehow toward you and Criswell Chevrolet, and find myself sensing I couldn't have been placed in better hands in the entire country.

Loyalty is a two-way street and with your posts on this forum, it definitely reflects that through all the friendships you have established over the years to be true. Trust is something that is earned and again, if it weren't for trust, you wouldn't have been able to establish all the relationships you have over the years. Although we have never met in person and may never, I'm proud and confident we will remain friends for life. This is very rare in the car business..... It ain't about the numbers because all that means very little when it comes to quality...... Now, quit blushing and go sell some more cars!

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for sharing Mike. You know, many of us find ourselves in careers for many different reasons. Some of us just happen to fall into different ones and others find the best one that "Fits Perfectly" to who they are and corresponds with their own personal interests. Some get into a particular field just for the potential financial rewards. I have always kind of envied some of those that have been able to discover and make a living at what they truly enjoyed doing. In doing so, it definitely reflects on their work ethic and effectiveness in how they serve others. I personally feel blessed in having been directed somehow toward you and Criswell Chevrolet, and find myself sensing I couldn't have been placed in better hands in the entire country.

Loyalty is a two-way street and with your posts on this forum, it definitely reflects that through all the friendships you have established over the years to be true. Trust is something that is earned and again, if it weren't for trust, you wouldn't have been able to establish all the relationships you have over the years. Although we have never met in person and may never, I'm proud and confident we will remain friends for life. This is very rare in the car business..... It ain't about the numbers because all that means very little when it comes to quality...... Now, quit blushing and go sell some more cars!
That is the only problem with selling Corvettes Nationally as I do...Most of my customers I never get to meet but in going thru the "Corvette" process I feel like old friends much of the time.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey Mike, never say never. My only regret is I'm not going to be able to take delivery right there at Criswell's and get my picture taken with you. Although I'm a very private person and feel socially challenged at times, I do have this desire to meet up with you and perhaps throw back a pint or two. (Irish term) Not sure if I'll ever be up to driving that far because other drivers scare the hell out of me, but someday I may fly back just to meet up with you.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Mike, great stories and pictures of nothing but happy customers. I'm sure there are a few people out there in this business who could learn a few pointers from your playbook. I like the picture of the C7s parked on the lot, "sea of Corvette StingRays as the tide rolls in more". "Man you have a rough job"

SF
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, great stories and pictures of nothing but happy customers. I'm sure there are a few people out there in this business who could learn a few pointers from your playbook. I like the picture of the C7s parked on the lot, "sea of Corvette StingRays as the tide rolls in more". "Man you have a rough job"

SF
Rick
I believe we received 4 truck loads last week.

As far as the "rough Job" goes...someone has to do it. I have had many business people appreciate the way I handle the transaction.

Thank you.

Mike Furman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts