Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saved by Xpel in the Keys; 30 mpg; Tarpon

Just returned from a couple of days in the Keys fishing for tarpon. Hooked up...great fight! Round trip of ~600 miles yielded 30.0 mpg in Eco mode. Very cool.

The real point.... I probably shouldn't have taken the C7 since parking at night spots and marinas is pretty tight. Some dunce in an SUV or van rode up my front bumper while I was parked at a tiki bar. I'm thrilled that most of the scratches/abrasions and dirt seemed to almost disappear without much effort. There is a small cut in the Xpel (I don't think it got to the paint) but clearly, the stuff saved me from a lot of anxst. I can handle some minor damage to the Xpel and can't imagine what the bumper would have looked like without it. I was looking for protection from rocks and road debris and wound up with much more!!! If anyone is struggling with the decision to apply Xpel, perhaps this will help.

Forgot to mention... I saw a few other C7s in the Keys. Any forum members in the area over the past few days?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just returned from a couple of days in the Keys fishing for tarpon. Hooked up...great fight! Round trip of ~600 miles yielded 30.0 mpg in Eco mode. Very cool.

The real point.... I probably shouldn't have taken the C7 since parking at night spots and marinas is pretty tight. Some dunce in an SUV or van rode up my front bumper while I was parked at a tiki bar. I'm thrilled that most of the scratches/abrasions and dirt seemed to almost disappear without much effort. There is a small cut in the Xpel (I don't think it got to the paint) but clearly, the stuff saved me from a lot of anxst. I can handle some minor damage to the Xpel and can't imagine what the bumper would have looked like without it. I was looking for protection from rocks and road debris and wound up with much more!!! If anyone is struggling with the decision to apply Xpel, perhaps this will help.

Forgot to mention... I saw a few other C7s in the Keys. Any forum members in the area over the past few days?
That is good to know, it just reinforces my decision to get mine wrapped.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Any pictures of the damage and the fish? LOL

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any pictures of the damage and the fish? LOL
Sorry to say, my son and I were fighting fish at the same time. Neither one of us could get our acts together in time to get a good shot. Having one tarpon on is wild... two, simulaneously is nuts. That said, the guide did use my phone to hastily shoot my son's fish as it was trying to swim under the boat. It's not great, but it is something.

Jason's tarpon.jpg

As to the "damage", I'm even happier today. When I gave the bumper a real good look and applied a bit of cleaning, all abrasions appear to be gone. That could be do to my terrible vision...lol. Xpel does have self-repair properties or so I understand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts