Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had gotten a scratch/scuff mark in the paint due to a neighborhood kid kicking a soccer ball that had to land on my new car. What is the best way to get this out? I believe it scratched the clear coat. Not enough to feel it gouged. ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1403207479.742101.jpg

CPL Mo USMC Vet

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
You can try a microfiber and meguires scratch x2.0 from the auto parts store, follow the label. If you can wet it with saliva or water and the scratch goes away, this will work. Otherwise, it'll take an orbital and a stronger polish.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Buy the scratch x and try it. It'll make it better....or take it to the body shop.

Besides enhancing detailing, another great reason to buy an orbital and a few pads....the Meg's ultimate compound or 205 is your answer....

·
Registered
810 Posts
RUMFITS, glen is the man with this stuff, he's the guy I told you about on our last cruise. Please do not kill the kid. That really sucks but looks fixable.

·
Registered
582 Posts
World Cup fever strikes again! I hope you can get that out without having to go to a body shop. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm so glad I have a garage.

Reactions: docjb and Ragtop

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm so glad I have a garage.
Me too, and I have a reserved parking space at work lol, I park between the 2 same cars everyday, one of those is a porsche, so if I get a door ding I know who did it and who to come after ;)

Reactions: Ret9580

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Rumfits: Glad you are all fixed up. Stuff happens--we just don't like that kind of stuff.

Reactions: RUMFITS

·
Registered
579 Posts
Come on Rumfits
Don't be nervous... buffing.gif
You could have gotten that mark out your self easily by hand with a light cut polish. Then hit it with a nice spray sealant. And keep your beer :cool:

Ok so instead of doing it myself it cost me a twelve pack of ---- beer to my local body shop guy. It's out and looking like new. I was too nervous to try it myself. He wouldn't take money from me so I gave him beer.

CPL Mo USMC Vet

Reactions: RUMFITS
1 - 15 of 15 Posts