Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Last night I decided to drop the screen to place a spare charger back there.

Today I got to work and pushed the button for who knows what reason, mostly just for boredom?
Anyways, it didnt work. I tried it a few times, tried turning the car off and on, no avail.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
15,149 Posts
Possibly one of the wires of the charger you put in the compartment got jammed in the track as the screen raised back up?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wouldn't be happy, that's where my lil 9mm is kept

·
Administrator
15,149 Posts
Where is it in the manual? I have a 2015 Z51 gun jammed in compartment
Unfortunately if you have anything jammed [if I am correctly understanding your post] in the compartment behind the screen, you can try a few things such as attempting to open the screen a few times in succession, lightly bumping the screen frame to try and get the object to shift. But if you don't succeed, as I recall, you will end up having to have the dash dismantled. It is a very involved process. Actually, I believe a number of years ago, someone got a loaded gun jammed in that compartment. There is a video of the service department finally getting it removed.

If that is the case, you need to inform the service department that the gun is loaded before they attempt to disassemble the dash to remove it.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Well, I am crazy, you know, but I would drive down a very steep hill and slam on my brakes...

If that didn't work, I would accelerate as quickly as possible back up the hill in reverse...

If you decide to be as ridiculous as I am, then you take all responsibility for your own insane decisions. You shouldn't do it. Don't be absurd like I am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts