Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Last night I decided to drop the screen to place a spare charger back there.

Today I got to work and pushed the button for who knows what reason, mostly just for boredom?
Anyways, it didnt work. I tried it a few times, tried turning the car off and on, no avail.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
15,773 Posts
Possibly one of the wires of the charger you put in the compartment got jammed in the track as the screen raised back up?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wouldn't be happy, that's where my lil 9mm is kept

Reactions: 2015Yellow

·
Administrator
15,773 Posts
Where is it in the manual? I have a 2015 Z51 gun jammed in compartment
Unfortunately if you have anything jammed [if I am correctly understanding your post] in the compartment behind the screen, you can try a few things such as attempting to open the screen a few times in succession, lightly bumping the screen frame to try and get the object to shift. But if you don't succeed, as I recall, you will end up having to have the dash dismantled. It is a very involved process. Actually, I believe a number of years ago, someone got a loaded gun jammed in that compartment. There is a video of the service department finally getting it removed.

If that is the case, you need to inform the service department that the gun is loaded before they attempt to disassemble the dash to remove it.

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Well, I am crazy, you know, but I would drive down a very steep hill and slam on my brakes...

If that didn't work, I would accelerate as quickly as possible back up the hill in reverse...

If you decide to be as ridiculous as I am, then you take all responsibility for your own insane decisions. You shouldn't do it. Don't be absurd like I am.

Reactions: warp ten

·
Administrator
15,773 Posts
I know this post is several years old, but where in the owner's manual is a procedure to open the Infotainment Door manually?
I am not aware of any standard means to manually get the door/screen to open. As noted in my early post on this thread, when a person had his gun jammed against the back of the screen, and it would not go down, they had to remove a lot of the dash to get at it. Try some of the suggestions here, such as gently tapping on the screen while momentarily moving the switch up and down, park nose down an incline and gently bump the screen in the event that something hard is in the compartment and jammed. If something like paper is caught, I don't know as solution.

Best of luck and please let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for the reply Jeff. There is nothing inside the cubby because the first time it would not open I removed everything when it finally did open.

I am going to try Dry-slide on the channels and top area that appears to be a notch where the screen sets when fully closed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am not aware of any standard means to manually get the door/screen to open. As noted in my early post on this thread, when a person had his gun jammed against the back of the screen, and it would not go down, they had to remove a lot of the dash to get at it. Try some of the suggestions here, such as gently tapping on the screen while momentarily moving the switch up and down, park nose down an incline and gently bump the screen in the event that something hard is in the compartment and jammed. If something like paper is caught, I don't know as solution.

Best of luck and please let us know the outcome.
I was able to fix the retracting screen by using Liquid Wrench along the slot at the top of the opening where the screen moves up into. Lubricating the sides of the track did not help. The slot along the top was sticking even though it did not feel sticky anywhere.

The screen can be assisted downward if it sticks in an up position by using a credit card along the front of the screen placing downward pressure on the screen while pressing the Screen button. I used my Costco card which does not have raised letters to make certain I did not wedge it on the front of the screen.

·
Administrator
15,773 Posts
I was able to fix the retracting screen by using Liquid Wrench along the slot at the top of the opening where the screen moves up into. Lubricating the sides of the track did not help. The slot along the top was sticking even though it did not feel sticky anywhere.

The screen can be assisted downward if it sticks in an up position by using a credit card along the front of the screen placing downward pressure on the screen while pressing the Screen button. I used my Costco card which does not have raised letters to make certain I did not wedge it on the front of the screen.
Thanks for sharing that solution and glad it worked for you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts