Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received notice from GM saying based on my VIN I needed to bring in RedHot for "The sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) in your vehicle, which controls airbag and pretensioner deployment, contains a software defect which may prevent the deployment of frontal airbags and pretensioners in certain rare circumstances."..."Even though you have already had repairs for this condition, you will still need to take your vehicle to your dealer for additional repairs." Repairs should take approximately 20 minutes up to two hours.

So this apparently is a 2nd recall for the same issue. I anticipate most of us will be receiving similar letters. I did as many of us, already take RedHot in and have the similar recall done previously.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Jeff!

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up Jeff!
Most welcome. I just called my dealer and he confirmed that it is a second recall and I will need to come in to have it done. I have it scheduled with them.

·
18,670 Posts
Thank you Jeff. I just called my dealer and they said that not only was my vehicle all caught on recalls (it has its first one done re its air bags about two months ago), but that they had not yet heard of this second recall.

After I read your above post, got that notice in the mail last night and read and re-read it, and it does discuss a second recall for some of our C7's. Interesting to see how many and what is the "specific sub-set" of C7's being recalled for this second round.

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Jeff. I just called my dealer and they said that not only was my vehicle all caught on recalls (it has its first one done re its air bags about two months ago), but that they had not yet heard of this second recall.

After I read your above post, got that notice in the mail last night and read and re-read it, and it does discuss a second recall for some of our C7's. Interesting to see how many and what is the "specific sub-set" of C7's being recalled for this second round.
You'll note on the letter you just got John, that it is specific to your VIN, just as mine was. The only difference was my dealer was already aware of the 2nd recall. It is interesting that it is again a software update- perhaps something did not get fixed by the prior update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts