Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get a shout from any Southeast folks north of Florida? Looking for some 'Rays in GA, AL, MS, TN, etc. I'm in AL, looking for others but not so far south as FL.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am in the Atlanta area. My ray is being delivered to me today. I bought from a dealer in FL. I ordered one and still in 1100 Status so I decided to go after one from a dealer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today? That's awesome, Mike! Congratulations, talk about a wonderful Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, not at all, Frankster. I saw the thread for SE region and every post on there seemed to be Florida (usually central or south). Nice to hear from a few of us just north of there. Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
81 Posts
No problem, are you trying to get a meet going?
I picked mine up in October, but because of work I haven't been able to drive it that much.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem, are you trying to get a meet going?
I picked mine up in October, but because of work I haven't been able to drive it that much.
I would but I think I'm placing the cart before the horse. One, I've never arranged any such meeting and two, I don't even have a Stingray yet but I think a meet would be awesome; do you happen to know of any already? How would I learn of such things (aside from blind internet searches)? I intiend on contacting Corvette clubs, eventually, but I'm still in a measly old C5 lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would but I think I'm placing the cart before the horse. One, I've never arranged any such meeting and two, I don't even have a Stingray yet but I think a meet would be awesome; do you happen to know of any already? How would I learn of such things (aside from blind internet searches)? I intiend on contacting Corvette clubs, eventually, but I'm still in a measly old C5 lol.
I'm in the same boat as you....never done anything like that before. This is my 1st Corvette!! I've been looking for years at getting one, and when GM announced the new stingray, I knew right away that was what I was getting. I plan on contacting a Corvette Club in my area as well. I will keep you informed if I hear of any meet ups.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Frankster, that'd be great. Thank you! I will take a road trip to any meet ups both before and after I get the C7. I learned of the Gulf Port, MS meet a few days late so I should have been on my game and made a trip down there. Saw some great pics of the show from Lipstic and Wareagle92; just wish I'd have gone down there. A trip to FL is not out of the question but it really depends on where in FL. An Augusta, Atlanta, Columbus, or Birmingham trip would be wonderful.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's awesome Glen! Thanks for the input. Brand new at this stuff; been reading forums for years (mainly troubleshooting tech type forums) but never a member. Beautiful rides at your meet!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There we go! Another Alabamian. Thanks for posting and I hope you're enjoying the ride; I'm jealous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am absolutely enjoying the new ride. This is my first corvette. I could not be more satisfied. I hope to find a club and ride, etc with other vette's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am absolutely enjoying the new ride. This is my first corvette. I could not be more satisfied. I hope to find a club and ride, etc with other vette's.
That is awesome, Torchred! I'm in Fayette (about 4 hours or so from you) and Wareagle92 is in Meridian, MS. I think Lipstic is also relatively near, maybe Theodore, AL? We're not necessarily neighbors but if others are as willing to drive as am I, I think we could make some group cruises or meetings work (I'd welcome other cars, not just 'Vettes, if the decision was mine).

I hate to say this aloud but I'm looking at spending around $70,000 for something I've never seen in person. I need to get off this computer (forums, photographs, articles) and go see one in person! I keep telling people it is against my religion to spend 70 plus grand on something I've not seen in person lol.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Guys! Most of you already know but I live in Meridian, MS. As for meeting up, I know that the Baton Rouge Corvette Club is having an Open Car Show on April 26, 2014 (website: Main page background). And the Tri-City Corvette Club of Southeast Texas is having a Corvette Show on May
17th, 2014 (Tri-City Corvette Club). The Mississippi Gulf Coast Corvette Club is very active (www.msgccc.com). Anyway, I love the idea of picking a parking lot and having a small meet and greet. Birmingham is always fun, and would be relatively central for Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi. The only thing I am worried about is the weather...with temps this low, I'm afraid to drive on those factory tires. We could just keep an eye on the weather and if a weekend comes up that looks warmer and clear, we could plan a quick trip. Sounds fun!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All,

This is great information. Thanks Wareagle92 and cbboarder for sharing. I like both ideas very much. Wow, I just checked out the C&O website. Very impressive. This Sunday may be cutting it close but maybe a road trip in January. April and May road trips are a definite possibility. I'll check out the Gulf Coast group for updates on meets. Picking a parking lot (Birmingham is a possibility) is a great idea. One problem for me, I don't have my new ride; maybe the measly C5 owners could be quarantined to a corner of the parking lot and look upon your new rides in awe. <tear on cheek>

·
Registered
366 Posts
Live in Alpharetta, just north of ATL. Have my Cyber Grey Metallic Z51
7sp Coupe on order - expecting it in March or so.

Caffeine and Octane is about 5 mi from my house, so let me know if any of you are planning to attend that. Would love to meet and see your Stingray (but I can't be held accountable for any drool marks I leave).

Reactions: tzmama
1 - 20 of 70 Posts