Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone still experiencing issues after the reprogramming? I have the option to select "On - At Ignition On" but nothing happens when I press start.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Is anyone still experiencing issues after the reprogramming? I have the option to select "On - At Ignition On" but nothing happens when I press start.
I haven't had the update applied but if you use the exit function and the seat is moved all the way to the rear until it stops on it's own then you are hitting the rear limit switch and all automatic functions are disabled. Move the seat forward 1/4" then store that as the new exit position and try again, it should work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a manual z51. Does anyone have the details of this recall or re flash!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The re-flash adds the "On at Ignition" option. For mine if I either start the car (clutch depressed) or accessory (no clutch action), the seat moves to the programmed position. Note: parking brake is applied.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thank you for the information. I'm guessing they don't automatically do the updates at oil changes etc?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ya know, this seat forward on door opening really used to bug me....
but then I figured out the proper technique to enter the car....
place right foot deep into foot well while turning 90 degrees left..
sit down ...
twist torso right and pull left leg in up and over door sill...
close door..you are snug in as if in your f22 cockpit...depress clutch, hit start and smile!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Just had mine reprogrammed and after resetting all of the positions it works perfectly

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm with coupeguyz51, I just sneak up on the car, yank open the door and hope to jump in before the steering wheel manages to crush my groin :)
Ya know, this seat forward on door opening really used to bug me....
but then I figured out the proper technique to enter the car....
place right foot deep into foot well while turning 90 degrees left..
sit down ...
twist torso right and pull left leg in up and over door sill...
close door..you are snug in as if in your f22 cockpit...depress clutch, hit start and smile!!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Make sure you are depressing the clutch, it should work perfectly.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
One thing you manual guys might try to make it easier to start the car is only move the steering wheel out of the way for the exit setting. On mine I leave the seat in the normal position and just move the steering wheel in and up as far as it will go and that opens up all the room I need to get into and our of the car without sliding over the left bolster or trying to navigate under the steering wheel. It makes starting the car when I get back in a breeze and when I get the update installed for the On-Start option it will be perfect.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
With the reprogram, I have to do is push the start button which moves the seat forward and then I can start the car without stretching to reach the clutch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had my update done today -- took 1/2 hr. Like it better with touch of the ignition instead of opening of the door.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Had my update done today -- took 1/2 hr. Like it better with touch of the ignition instead of opening of the door.
Dan; Is there a TSB or PIP number indicated on your repair ticket? If so, please post it here. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nothing on the service dept.'s ticket. I gave them the Seat Memory Recall Fix PI1245 information I printed from this Forum that was posted by Chip. They said easy install.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank you for this information.
I thought I was nuts! Open the door, and the seat moves forward before I'm even in it! Then when I do start it up, it didn't go to the programed location. I plan on printing the TBS before I see the service dept.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you just have to touch touch the ignition button once and the seat moves forward , or do you have to hold it until the seat moves all the way up?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Do you just have to touch touch the ignition button once and the seat moves forward , or do you have to hold it until the seat moves all the way up?
Parking brake must be set and then just touch and release the ignition button

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
48 Posts
This morning I was able to drop off the car to the dealer. After (what might be a normal) 4 hour wait, they said it was "ready to go". So of course I got in to reprogram position 1 and exit, to test it out. Wow, the seat did not move forward when I opened the door. BUT... it does not return to the set position once I closed the door. OH WAIT. That's not an option.
The options are:
1. Recall position upon opening the door
2. Recall the position upon starting the car.
Now wait a sec, if I move the seat all the way back to get out, the chances of reaching the clutch to start....slim. Not the best design by GM. Every other vehicle I have owned or own, will automatically return the seat to the programed setting upon closing the door. But that's not the end of the story.
Drove the car around the lot for a minute, stopped, got out (seat moved back..good), was out of the car for about 15 minutes, and upon returning, the seat would not return to the set position. Drove it back to the service drive. Now at the end of the day, the service tech is asking for technical help. They could not get the seat to properly return to a programed position.
You would think that this was a NEW feature. Not happy with GM engineering (sounds like an oxymoron).

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
This morning I was able to drop off the car to the dealer. After (what might be a normal) 4 hour wait, they said it was "ready to go". So of course I got in to reprogram position 1 and exit, to test it out. Wow, the seat did not move forward when I opened the door. BUT... it does not return to the set position once I closed the door. OH WAIT. That's not an option.
The options are:
1. Recall position upon opening the door
2. Recall the position upon starting the car.
Now wait a sec, if I move the seat all the way back to get out, the chances of reaching the clutch to start....slim. Not the best design by GM. Every other vehicle I have owned or own, will automatically return the seat to the programed setting upon closing the door. But that's not the end of the story.
Drove the car around the lot for a minute, stopped, got out (seat moved back..good), was out of the car for about 15 minutes, and upon returning, the seat would not return to the set position. Drove it back to the service drive. Now at the end of the day, the service tech is asking for technical help. They could not get the seat to properly return to a programed position.
You would think that this was a NEW feature. Not happy with GM engineering (sounds like an oxymoron).
Mine works perfectly as designed once it was flashed. Don't forget that the PB must be set or it won't return to the reset position when you press the starter button. Sounds like when you drove it, stopped, got out and it didn't return properly when you hit the starter button that you did not set the PB. You don't need to reach the clutch pedal, just press the start button momentarily and the seat will move to the set position and then you can press the clutch and start the engine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts