Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Seat vibration, infotainment screen stuck

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rubenmarrufo 
#1 ·
Hello. I'd appreciate advice for resolving the following on my 2014 Stingray Z51 LT3 (11,000 miles).
  1. The driver's seat has an audible vibration when seat cooling is on AND starts when making a left turn. It goes away when seat cooling is turned off.
  2. When the infotainment screen is closing (returning to the up position) it gets stuck and starts vibrating. A gentle upward nudge and it will close.
I haven't yet found anyone experiencing these problems in online forums. I can probably live w them but annoying. Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
Your "cooling" in the seats is not actually cooling anything. There are small fans placed in the seat that just pushes the ambient temperature of air in the cabin through the seats. You may have a fan that is malfunctioning that is causing the vibration, that's most likely a dealer fix.

The screen not closing properly, very judiciously, spray a little WD40 on the sides of the track, open and close several times, or if not comfortable spraying, use some Q-tips with WD40 sprayed on, and work the track area on the sides. It may help, see if that works.

Good luck with procedures.

#4 ·
Welcome to our forum rubenmarrufo. Hopefully Norm's suggestion will work re the screen. Before spraying the WD40, I'd recommend using a Q-tip with some rubbing alcohol to gently clean any possible dirt/debris that may be in the tracks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.