Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first public appearance the new 2015 Velocity Yellow is on Fox Sports right now, as the new C7.R's are wearing it at the Rolex 24 Hour race. Once you see it you will realize it is only a little bit different. It is a touch brighter, and has a touch less "orange tone" to it.

Here is my best effort to take a picture of it off the TV, but as it is not a perfect "color tone" picture, encourage you to turn on your TV (Fox Sports right now, Fox Sports 1 and 2 later during the race.)

I hope someone at the race and/or with a better camera can get us a better tone-accurate picture of it and post it here.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cool!

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you tell what color that is???? ;)
Yes, pink with purple stripes. WeaponX (Ben) knows I am color defective, and is having a little fun with me. Thankfully my wife is an artist and tells me about the names and the "tones" of the colors that you "normals" see.

And you wonder why I can getting a yellow car? Because that is one color I like, and because it is of the colors that looks like yellow both to me and to you normals.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I can't tell the difference between this new color and the VE. Is it darker or lighter? The two pictures above don't look like the same shade of yellow to me. :confused:
By the way, I thought the press release said that this new shade of yellow would replace Velocity Yellow.

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Velocity Yellow is getting a make over, making it a touch brighter, with a touch less "orange tone," but still is being called Velocity Yellow.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I think the only way to tell is to have both colors side by side. I was in a Chevy showroom and looking across at a night race blue and thought it was cyber gray. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts