Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and would like to solicite your expertise. I purchased a 2015 NRB Stingray on April 25, 2015 and totally love the car. I bought the car off the
showroom floor here in Jacksonville, Fl and it did not come with the rear blade spoiler on it. I have since ordered a gloss black OEM spoiler from the dealership.
Here is where it just doesn't make sense to me.

1. The dealership wants to charge as much for the installation as I paid for the part.
2. The collision department manager says he has to take the rear end of the car off to perform the install. Am I missing something here or does this sound as fishy
to you as it does to me?

Please understand that if this is the cost and procedure, I will go with it but wanted to reach out to the Stingray community for some sound advise. If this sounds
like total bull and you know of a quality installer in the Jacksonville area or within 100 miles, please let me know.

In the very near future, I would like to have the splitter and side skirts installed as well.

I appreciate any advice given.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The back does have to come off but it's still only an hour to do so, at most 90 min. You don't have to have an authorized dealer do this if you don't want any body shop and do it , or any type of high-performance shop... I'm did mine at Lashway motorsports in Fort Lauderdale.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick reply glen e. That was exactly what I wanted to hear. Maybe I will make the drive to Lashway motorsports in Fort Lauderdale and have them do all the work as I really want to make sure some shade tree mechanic isn't working on my baby. Hope I didn't offend anyone here! I don't work on my vehicles and am willing to pay for quality work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks appiafamily for the link. However, I am not interested in doing the work myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do not do work myself... I have the C6 and C7. I understand how installer can charge you crazy prices (hundreds of dollars) for an hour work. Just saved me extra Cognac XO money.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
tfresh7, welcome aboard and congrats on your new C7 masterpiece. glen e posted the perfect solution for your problem, that's why the stingrayforum is such a great place. Enjoy wheeling your C7 around Florida with your professionally installed spoiler!!!

SF
Rick

·
Administrator
16,432 Posts
welcome to our forum tfresh7 and congrats on your new NRB Stingray! :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts