Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Nitrous Injected Plymouth Prowler since 2001....after seeing the new Stingray....I have to get one...besides wifey saw a new Stingray in the mall and said: You should sell the Prowler and get one of these. She didn't need to say it twice...I'll put it up for sale in January....maybe the:cool: Z51's can be ordered in February...I hope.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Similar story here, supercharged SSR is going up for sale to make room for the Stingray. FWIW, I ordered a Z51 at the end of October (right in the middle of Z51 constraints) and it is supposed to arrive in T-minus 4 days.. This is just to say the Z51 orders can get through. As stated elsewhere, with the holiday shutdown, the supplies have to opportunity to catch up so you might stand a little better chance of getting the Z51 sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've had my Nitrous Injected Plymouth Prowler since 2001....after seeing the new Stingray....I have to get one...besides wifey saw a new Stingray in the mall and said: You should sell the Prowler and get one of these. She didn't need to say it twice...I'll put it up for sale in January....maybe the:cool: Z51's can be ordered in February...I hope.
I sold my 2002 Inca Gold Prowler back in August and bought 2015 C7 Z-51. One of the best moves I've ever made.

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,033 Posts
Z51's have been on constraint since C7 production started about 19 months ago. Not likely to change. Just understand that with constraints, the more allocations a dealer has, the more likely they can get an allocation that matches whatever constraints your order may have.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Absolutely spot on, and why I wrote this thread to help Z-51 purchasers:

If you are about to order, or have just ordered a Z-51, as they will remain constrained the rest of the entire 2015 model year, recommend you read this thread also:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...rchasing/4463-caution-2015-z-51-buyers-6.html
Yes but even though they are on constraint I firmly believe the constraint number is very close to the natural take rate meaning they should be able to be ordered almost as easily as a base model. You do have to be cognizant of what I'll call "constraint stacking". That's where you have multiple options on the constrained list so your order never gets picked up. For example, a Z51 with the dual roof option combines a 50% constrained item with a 20% constrained item basically making your order 90% constrained (1 in 10 chance of getting accepted).

Within 50 miles of my house there are 24 C7's in stock. Of those 13 of them are Z51's. There's nothing "rare" about a Z51, you just need to make sure your dealership has enough allocation to get one each week or 2 which means they need to have sold over 50 last year. Any less than that and you're rolling the dice as to when they may get a Z51 allocation between now and May.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,696 Posts
Congrats on your decision, you should not be disappointed.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Wow, a threat started 1 year and 1 day ago and we're still having Z51 constraints. Now over 10,000 Z51 miles.;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
drove a Inca Gold one too, get rid of the bumpers with a bumper delete filler, awesome look. Bushings fall apart on the Prowler though.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Welcome to our forum C7underway! Best of luck with your C7 order. :eek:nthego:

Reactions: C7underway
1 - 11 of 11 Posts