Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to September’s Photo of the Month contest. The focus this month is a picture of your Stingray (or Sting Ray) that is the earliest (first) picture you have of it. Include a brief explanation of when the picture was taken relative to your getting your new Stingray (or Sting Ray). If you won within the last 6 months (March through August 2019), feel free to enter but it will not be eligible to win this month. ‘Extra credit’ will be earned by submitting your shot in a picturesque setting and one you have not used previously on SRF.

First shot of RedHot.jpg Taken when I first saw RedHot at the NCM for my delivery. As always, my image is not part of the contest.

Any setting will do just fine. [ Important: if you haven’t tried to post a picture previously of your beauty, and for consistency in the size of posted pictures, check this link out:
https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/site-help-support/3046-how-post-pictures-your-stingray-our-forum.html#post29746

-For those newer members (or *** if you have not read the latest version of the rules***), please see the complete set of contest rules at Stingray Forums Photo of the Month Contest Rules
https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/photo-month/45489-stingray-forums-photo-month-contest-rules.html

Thanks for following these rules and in advance for your participation. Also, please resist the temptation to post comments- this thread is just for members to post their respective entry.

*The time frame for posting your photo runs from September 1st through September 14th at 4 p.m. PT. You can post your one entry any day during this period, but the sooner you post, the greater the chance more members will have to “like” your entry.

*Remember to be sure to “like” each and every photo that tickles your fancy!

*The winner of this month’s Photo of the Month contest will be posted on September 21st.

We have had some amazing “Best of the Best” since we started the contest. If you haven’t done so recently, I encourage you to see https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/major-stingray-news/7205-photo-month-winners-circle.html#post967212 and browse backwards through the 64 winners to date.

Finally, if you have an idea or ideas of what you would like to see as a future focus of our Photo of the Month contest, please PM me “jsvette”. Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Few hours after leaving the dealership in NH, stopped at a hotel for the night on our drive back to Chicago.
84E2694F-EB6A-4B75-B99E-49FE49DD7EB9.jpeg

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I am posting this just for fun, not to enter the contest.

This was taken by my salesman when the car arrived at the dealership. This was attached to his, "It's here, come and get it" email.

IMG_0912.JPG

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up my first Corvette (the 2019 Stingray in this picture) and on the way home near the back entrance to my neighborhood there is a gas station. As I was driving by I saw the beautiful 66' C2 Sting Ray in this picture getting gas. I turned in and ended up talking to the guy about Vette's for almost a half an hour. There was a freshly painted white wall behind the gas station that made for a perfect backdrop for our Black Stingrays (I think it was destiny)! As I drove home I really realized just what it meant to be part of the Corvette family and what an awesome welcoming group of people it is! I amazes me how many great people, corvette owners and fans I have met by having this car. I still have a huge smile on my face just like the first time I sat in it every time I get in my Stingray!
June 2018.jpg

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
This is the pick up spot after signing all the paperwork. Interesting story on how I got her. I have always loved the new C7 from the first year it came out. I already had my C4 for quite a number of years and my wife finally agreed to go look at one with me after we took in her mom to our house for recovery of a hip replacement. This was my reward and after looking at a number of them in various local dealerships, nothing "on the lot" had everything I wanted. This blade silver came to my attention and checked 95% of the things I wanted. We went for a ride to "look at it" and after she rode with me and got to see it up close, she was a great partner in the negotiations. She drove my TL home and I took home my silver Z51 Stingray.

15 original sale.jpg

·
Registered
482 Posts
Found her (2014) on the internet with 1800 miles and was exactly the options and combination that I was looking for. I drove about 4.5 hours to see her in person and this is the very first in person picture and the first thing I saw walking in the dealership front door after driving 4.5 hrs to inspect her.

The second picture is the next time I would see her being 10 days later and video being delivered via truck. I couldn't upload the delivery video so I screen-shot it.

First Picc.jpg first Pic.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just before I bought the car the dealer sent me this picture.

1.jpeg

·
Registered
9 Posts
THis is the earliest phot I have of my build!! The date: January 26, 2016. I took delivery of my car February 2, 2016. Since that time, I have turned it into a tribute to Corvette Racing and the #3 car in particular. This was because in 2015, at the Circuit of The Americas GTLM race, Jan Magnussen selected my then 2015 coupe as his favorite! View attachment 272296

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Columbia River, Washington State

740D363F-42E6-42E2-AF19-00BF1A94AA6D.jpeg

This is from December, 2013 my first day of Corvette ownership.
The dealer “plate” ad is still visible.
The background is above the marine layer which covers the Columbia River on the Washington state side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a 2014 when they first came out. Then... we had our first child. Oil and water. The baby had to go... I got rid of the 2014 awhile back and missed it ever since.

Even though the C8 is definitely exotic looking, I just absolutely love the C7. So before they become history, I went out and got a 2019 Drivers Edition last week.

1.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
IMAG0493.jpg In May of 2013, after reading months of leaked information, I was able to build my 2014 Stingray. My salesman didn't have as much knowledge about the car as I did so I filled him in on what was about to come. I ordered the Cyber Gray, 3LT, Z51 performance package, 7 speed manual, with all available options. I received "The Shadow" in September of 2013 and immediately went to a Friday night cruise in. Nobody in the area had seen a C7 before and it immediately drew a huge crowd. What's not to love about the beautiful C7?

·
Registered
45 Posts
IMG_6786c.jpg It was September of 2013 and I had worked all day when the call came. It was once again the time to relive that moment in my youth when I first got behind the wheel of my new Corvette. With my daughter in tow, I rushed to the dealer, where in a private room, I got to meet this new beauty!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.