Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the owners that have taken there car in or called gm tech support. I have been trying to find some answers about my cars wheels. I have called the dealer, chevrolet, and GM with NO ANSWERS to any of my questions. How is it a company builds car puts tons of hours in R&D and know nothing about it! Just had to vent.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Perhaps post your questions about the wheels here and one or more members could help you out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looking for the back space and offset of the 18" 19" stock wheels?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
All I know:
The base C6 wheels, which talon90 just confirmed have the same offset as the C7 wheels, are:

Front 18 x 8.5, +56 mm offset
Rear 19 x 10, +79 mm offset

·
Registered
579 Posts
X2 Same info I have heard

All I know:
The base C6 wheels, which talon90 just confirmed have the same offset as the C7 wheels, are:

Front 18 x 8.5, +56 mm offset
Rear 19 x 10, +79 mm offset

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I do know for sure that the C6 wheels will NOT fit! I ordered some FACTORY 2013 wheels and they are not EVEN close, almost a inch off! Maybe the offset is the same and the back space is not, but they would not fit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well I do know for sure that the C6 wheels will NOT fit! I ordered some FACTORY 2013 wheels and they are not EVEN close, almost a inch off! Maybe the offset is the same and the back space is not, but they would not fit.
An inch?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I know is that they hit the calipers with a pretty good gap left front and rear. The front was more gap than the back was, but neither would fit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
All I know is that they hit the calipers with a pretty good gap left front and rear. The front was more gap than the back was, but neither would fit.
Thanks for that update. I'm left very confused but appreciate the info.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is all I get from Tire Rack

Company selling wheels.. probably knows more info.. I would call Tire Rack or someone

·
Registered
579 Posts
Here snipet from another site:

The reason they will not list them on their website is because they don't know (or don't have a C7 to measure or compare to.) If they assume it and list it and are wrong, they are on the hook for lots of sets of wheels. As I noted the drawing I was reviewing was created for me specifically to understand any sizing difference. C6 and C7 base wheel will be interchangeable. You cannot use C6 base wheels with the C7 Z51 because there is a mass damper assembly mounted near the caliper that will prevent clearance with the wheel and the larger brake package. If the cross section of the two wheels in question is the same, the wheels are the same. They were completely superimposed on each other with no discernable variation of diameter, offset (distance from hub to end of barrel or inset from face) or center point.

Summary.

2013 C6 base wheels will fit a base C7. - evidence supports the fact that 2005-2007 wheels will not fit due to spoke shape/design
C7 base wheels will fit a base C6.

Grandsport /Z06 C6 wheels will fit a base C7 and will have the same fender issue that the C6 had in that they will stick out from the fender 1.5" (search in C6 General for multiple threads/photos that I have posted over the year about Z06 wheels on base non widebody C6 cars. Search on C6 offset.

C6 base wheels CAN NOT be used on a Z51 car even though the offset is the same. It is not due to differences in the wheel (same dimensions other than diameter). It is due to an addition to the brake assembly on the Z51 that will prevent clearance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts