Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while driving I had the service parking brake and stabilitrack icons pop up on the dash. Then the car went into limp mode. I got it home and turned it off. I restarted the car and those icons went out but the check engine came on. Does anyone know what is going on with the car? I parked it and haven’t driven sine this afternoon. When I restarted I revved it up and it seems limp mode went off too.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
What is the model year and version C7 you have?

Reactions: Vigilance247

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Have you changed your battery yet? All kinds of nutty gremlins start happening when the battery starts to get weak. If you haven't changed it, you are due. Actually, you are lucky, since most of the batteries GM uses in the Corvette factory are good for only about three years plus a few months.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually had the battery a couple months ago. I had it checked this morning and it had 25 codes showing. We cleared them out and I’m gonna keep an eye on it. If it happens I’m gonna take it in for a check up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you changed your battery yet? All kinds of nutty gremlins start happening when the battery starts to get weak. If you haven't changed it, you are due. Actually, you are lucky, since most of the batteries GM uses in the Corvette factory are good for only about three years plus a few months.
Man I had a problem with my A/C blower shifting from vents to floor to defrost back to vents. I took it to the dealer and they charged over $200 for a computer system update (not covered by extended warranty) then after checking the battery found it was low voltage. Then after battery installation you have to discharge the system by touching the + and - battery cables together for 5 min. to drain the voltage to reset the system before my dash would work. They had my 2015 C7 for over a week!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
For me it was the transmission light. And then another about some bizarre stability code... that was a new one.

Installed an Optima H6 yellow top and everything is back to normal.

Liam is a 2015 Z51 7 speed

·
Registered
48 Posts
Today while driving I had the service parking brake and stabilitrack icons pop up on the dash. Then the car went into limp mode. I got it home and turned it off. I restarted the car and those icons went out but the check engine came on. Does anyone know what is going on with the car? I parked it and haven’t driven sine this afternoon. When I restarted I revved it up and it seems limp mode went off too.
Man I had a problem with my A/C blower shifting from vents to floor to defrost back to vents. I took it to the dealer and they charged over $200 for a computer system update (not covered by extended warranty) then after checking the battery found it was low voltage. Then after battery installation you have to discharge the system by touching the + and - battery cables together for 5 min. to drain the voltage to reset the system before my dash would work. They had my 2015 C7 for over a week!!
The a/c blower observation may have to do with the amount of humidity the system detects in the car and it is designed to prevent window fogging. Both my C7 and my Terrain do this. It is a setting in one of the many menus on the touch screen. Now if the a/c was already on, all bets are off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts