Stingray Corvette Forum banner

"Service Power Steering Drive With Care"

23K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ssscooter66 
#1 · (Edited)
Curious if anyone has seen this on your dash ? After a fun drive yesterday I pulled up to the house to have my wife help put the top on. Went to park it in my garage & this what was on the dash . Steering was still manageable (stiff) & I got it in the garage . Then today the battery is dead . It's being towed in the morning by a friend to the dealer. Hope it's not a long wait to get it back. Speedometer Odometer Auto part Measuring instrument Gauge

See less See more
#3 ·
There are several possibilities. It might be an issue that a re-boot remedies. I suspect it is more likely that: It is a failed steering control module, faulty electric component within steering system, and in the worst case, a problem that requires entire steering rack replacement. Get it in as soon as you can. Good luck and let us know what it turns out to be,

#5 ·
FWIW A friend had a similar warning on his 2014 Cruze. Traced to a loose negative battery cable. He said apparently a slight drop in voltage can trigger warning and shutdown the module. Don't know if this is accurate but check that Battery Cable.

#6 · (Edited)
That's what I was told also,but it was the catch can I installed with the bad ground . I thought I had installed this as per the installation guide . Doesn't make since after it's already been on now for 500 miles, but she's back home ...
:cool:

P.S. No charge for diagnosis/fix at the dealer. Thank you Chevrolet !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.