Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to retrieve a leaf that went down in between the rear cargo mat and the chassis on my 4 day old Stingray yesterday. OK, so that's probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I stuck my hand in that small space at the rear of the vehicle trying to lift up the cargo mat and sliced my pinky with a 1/4 inch gash that bled profusely. My adivice is to use extreme caution when trying to access the area under the cargo mat or to access the battery

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Sorry to hear of this. Could you tell what did the damage to your finger, and perhaps more importantly, could you fix it so it would not be a hazard in the future?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear of this. Could you tell what did the damage to your finger, and perhaps more importantly, could you fix it so it would not be a hazard in the future?
Thanks, Chip. I believe the rear hatch cargo bay must be a thin piece of sheet metal with carpeting glued to it and I think the metal is so thin as to be razor sharp. My fix will be to wear gloves if I ever attempt that maneuver again. Other suggestions, comments?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Maybe a paint stir stick with double sided tape on it.

Reactions: SCR2014Vette

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was trying to retrieve a leaf that went down in between the rear cargo mat and the chassis on my 4 day old Stingray yesterday. OK, so that's probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I stuck my hand in that small space at the rear of the vehicle trying to lift up the cargo mat and sliced my pinky with a 1/4 inch gash that bled profusely. My adivice is to use extreme caution when trying to access the area under the cargo mat or to access the battery
It would be helpful to all if there's a way to take a picture of what you are referring to.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a picture of the passenger side rear cargo space with the arrow indicating the gap where I stuck my hand down into CorvetteCargo.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do you know what actually cut you. It may be something you need to report to your GM Rep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts