Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I ordered by C7 from Criswell in Maryland. Waited about 3 months before receiving it.
I ordered my Z51 2LT with perf exhaust and comp seats.... just installed the red rim blades which i think contrast nicely with the black rim and caliper...I hadn't seen too many cars with the rim protectors yet so thought I'd share a few pics
IMG_0389.JPG IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0377.JPG

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered by C7 from Criswell in Maryland. Waited about 3 months before receiving it.
I ordered my Z51 2LT with perf exhaust and comp seats.... just installed the red rim blades which i think contrast nicely with the black rim and caliper...I hadn't seen too many cars with the rim protectors yet so thought I'd share a few pics
View attachment 12377 View attachment 12378 View attachment 12379
Looks rockin'!

Red wheel stripes OEM?

·
18,670 Posts
Looks rockin'! Red wheel stripes OEM?
While all have the option of DIY wheel red pin stripes, rim bands, Alloy Gaters, etc., the only factory option for 2015 is to get the Pacific model (delayed release); all Pacific models automatically get the red wheel stripes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not oem. they are 'rim blades' rim protectors. they're made of a relatively strong but pliable material so i think they will do a great job preventing me from scuffing them rims up...

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Eddie-d, your white/black/red StingRay looks fantartic!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congrats! Car looks great, I bet you having a blast with it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Eddie-d - NICE ! If torch red didn't exist white would be my second choice. Get out and drive it and enjoy the looks you'll get.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really like the looks of the red rim blades. Can you tell me where you got them and how much?
Thanks
On order - 2015 coupe, 2LT, A8, NPP, Chrome wheels, Nav.

·
Registered
810 Posts
When I was a kid, we'd play with these cars called Sizzlers, little rechargable match box type cars. They all had that red ring around the wheels. Looks like you have a Sizzler!
Sizzlers.jpg

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nice. Those wheel stripes really make those wheels pop!
EXACTLY my thoughts!

Beautiful.

Are the rimblades easy on/off if you don't like them?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Cool Look, I really like the red on the AW. Do they have other colours? I'm thinking about Med.Grey rim rings for my coupe. Red would be too much of a contrast and I don't have red calipers and no other red on the car. Re: my vivatar........

STUNG:cool:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
eddie-d, congrats on your new C7 masterpiece, your color combo looks great, red wheel ring A+++

SF
Rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. They do have a variety of colors that would look great although I'm not sure they had gray. They are easy to put on and off.

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Disclaimer: I was already planning on prepping my wheels so I went the extra mile....I removed the wheels washed and clayed them prior to installing the blades. Afterwards, I waxed the rims and the blades to make them pop and minimize gunk sticking to them. You don't need to remove the wheels but having an 'aerial view' of the wheel I think helps the installation. Keep in mind that unlike the ringz or bands the blades adhere to the rim. The kit comes with a cleaner and a primer to ensure a good contact with the rim. Like I said, I've gone 120mph and sustained 80mph for decent time and the blades didn't budge. Honestly, washing the rim, claying it and then attaching the blades I estimate would take about 1 hr.....not sure if this was the answer you were looking for....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chip,....and the blade comes with lip to guide perfect curvature for the rim....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Now this is one tasteful AW! Love it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts