Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I have a non z51 automatic. Wondering if anyone's had same problem. If I'm going ...say 45 mph.....and I need to slow down , once the tachometer reaches 900 rpm, it revs and goes up to 1300 rpm on its own ( I'm not pressing the gas ). If I then lightly accelerate , it shudders a bit and seems to be indecisive about what gear to go into. Once I punch it hard , then it's ok. Is this from the AFM ? When using paddle shift, don't see any problems.Anyone else experience this ???

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
If I'm going ...say 45 mph.....and I need to slow down , once the tachometer reaches 900 rpm, it revs and goes up to 1300 rpm on its own ( I'm not pressing the gas ).
Do you feel the car accelerate when this happens? If not, it's shifting to a lower gear and rev-matching.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Hey. I have a non z51 automatic. Wondering if anyone's had same problem. If I'm going ...say 45 mph.....and I need to slow down , once the tachometer reaches 900 rpm, it revs and goes up to 1300 rpm on its own ( I'm not pressing the gas ). If I then lightly accelerate , it shudders a bit and seems to be indecisive about what gear to go into. Once I punch it hard , then it's ok. Is this from the AFM ? When using paddle shift, don't see any problems.Anyone else experience this ???
mpanayis48,

I understand the displeasure when dealing with shifting concerns. While I realize you're seeking opinions from others, if you feel an official GM diagnosis is necessary, I'd be happy to communicate your sentiments with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your preferred GM dealer. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or if you simply want your experience(s) officially documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You feel it accelerate slightly. ...it's only 300-400 rpms but it's definite. I've owned a c4, c5 , c6 and now this beautiful c7. Never had this problem before. It's the shuddering and hesitation that's driving me wacko. It's only between 1000-1500 rpms..After that it's ok and smooth. Nothing to do with the Active Fuel Management.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Thanks for the extra info. I've got a 7-speed, so I'll let the A6/A8 folks chime in.

It sounds like a normal rev match downshift, other than the shuddering you mention.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Mine rev matches IF the transmission is in the performance mode. If the transmission has been in regular drive mode it does not rev match. This transmission will go into performance mode in D if you have jumped on the gas petal, it does not have to be in M mode to go into performance mode.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
You should be able to tell if AFM has anything to do with it by whether it shows you in V4 or V8 at the time of the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts