Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused. I checked the Chev Order Tracking web site last week and my status had updated from "production complete" to "shipped". My delivery is imminent, right?? Well, I got on the order tracking site today and chatted with a rep to see if there was a projected delivery date to my dealer. To my surprise, the rep tells me my C7 is still at the plant waiting on a carrier. How is it that the web site has a status that doesn't match GM's system?

How deflating.

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
Sorry, but hopefully you will get it soon and be able to thoroughly enjoy it. The shipping of completed Stingrays has to await them being able to fill up a carrier with a load going to the same basic geographic locations.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood. But why would the order tracking site be updated to shipped? Why not just leave it at production complete?

·
Registered
378 Posts
mine went from completed, to bayed, to shipped to Toledo Ohio, then awaiting shipment there, to on a rail car to in Indiana awaiting another rail car, to en route from Indiana, to in Quartz Oregon (I couldn't locate a Quartz Oregon) and now the dealership is wondering where it went.
So, Like I said, it's not just a car, it's you very own nationwide Geocaching event! (btw, I ordered mine on November 3rd)

·
18,670 Posts
mine went from completed, to bayed, to shipped to Toledo Ohio, then awaiting shipment there, to on a rail car to in Indiana awaiting another rail car, to en route from Indiana, to in Quartz Oregon (I couldn't locate a Quartz Oregon) and now the dealership is wondering where it went. So, Like I said, it's not just a car, it's you very own nationwide Geocaching event! (btw, I ordered mine on November 3rd)
Quartz, OR is in the way-eastern part of Oregon (East of Route 86: Hells Canyon scenic By-Way). It is east of Baker City (pop. 9,738) a few miles. It listed as a town, and is actually located less than a mile south of I-84, on state route 30; can not confirm anyone lives there anymore; might be just a RR spur?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mine was still saying bayed even after it got delivered if that says anything about how accurate the system is.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Quartz, OR is in the way-eastern part of Oregon (East of Route 86: Hells Canyon scenic By-Way). It is east of Baker City (pop. 9,738) a few miles. It listed as a town, and is actually located less than a mile south of I-84, on state route 30; can not confirm anyone lives there anymore; might be just a RR spur?
ah! thanks, I grew up in Oregon (Central Point) but I only knew of Quartz creek Oregon, not Quartz.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The website sucks, mine was at the dealer and it still listed "Production Complete". Go figure.

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings or in this case the Stingray shows up at your door. Everything else is speculation. :cool:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Rail road addresses or delivery points are often based on old time names. As an example I ship product to my plant in Allentown, PA but the railroad address is Seiple, PA, I don't think is a town anymore.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The website sucks, mine was at the dealer and it still listed "Production Complete". Go figure.
Well, we put a man on the moon 40+ years ago. How difficult is it to write a program that looks at your status code (e.g. Bayed) and tie that to one of the web site statuses? How can a company build such a technologically fantastic vehicle but not be able to let its customers know where their damn car is? I know that I'm not the only one who has gotten frustrated through the build/ship/delivery process and I'll long forget about this after I'm cruising around in my new car but people would be so less frustrated if GM could step more into the technology world to keep their customers informed of where they stand. It shouldn't be such a no man's land, helpless feeling of a process.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Hang in there, in a months time this issue will look like a low level speed bump in your "new" side view mirrors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine went from shipped from bayed. I find out it is Toledo Ohio. I learned geography in that Toledo is on the way to Calif from KY. The auto theft rate is 8.55 times greater than Bowling Green and Toledo is in a high tornado zone while Bowling Green is in a low tornado zone . Go figure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts