Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a $1,000 deposit with my local dealer for about 8 months now. I talked to them on Saturday, 11/2, and they told me to come on in and get my order placed. They told me that I am the 1st convertible order that they are placing and they have 6 allocated. They told me that they are not scheduled for another couple of weeks, but if they enter my order in the system now, there is a chance of it being picked up early. After reading some of the postings, I'm thinking that maybe I better place another order with one of the big three, and see who gets me to the 2000 status first? Any thoughts out there? I placed the following preliminary order Saturday:

Convertible Z51, LT3 in Torch Red w/Mag. Ride Control, Perf. Exhaust, Auto Trans.

:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
EarlJ-- I had my deposit with my dealer 5 months ago. My convertible order was placed at the end of August. Most dealers were able to place orders for them then. After numerous revamps and add ons I have been at 3000 status for about a month. If you have had a deposit in for 8 months and just getting to place it on 11/2 you are probably not number 1 on your dealers list or your dealer may be blowing smoke up your butt.

·
18,670 Posts
Earl, based on what you have written, and if you are sure your dealer is telling you the eyeball-to-eyeball truth, I would stay with your local dealer. I would, however, first have a sit down with that person and find out what was his allocation for coupes, and how many of those has he/she received yet. If you dealer says, for example, "I had, for example an allocation of nine coupes, two have been delivered, the third is on it way" (or anything like that) and your guts tell you that that is the truth, stay with your local dealer. Conversely, if you dealer says he/she has an allocation for 9 coupes yet none (zero) have been delivered, my "doubting" antenna would go up, for anyone with an allocation of six convertibles should have already received at least a coupe or two (6,300 coupes have been built already; 4,500 delivered to this point). [Coupe allocations were higher than convertible allocations for all dealers.]

One other cautionary note: Every Chevy dealer in America, even if they sold not a single Corvette last year, can place an order and generate a six digit order code, most starting with the letter "R," but that doesn't mean anything in terms of getting your car. True, you can not get a Corvette unless an order is placed, but the reverse is not true, that placing an order has anything, repeat anything, to do with guaranteeing that your order will be accepted by GM (acceptance means status code 2000, and that is the most important trigger toward getting a Corvette - - either a coupe or a convertible.

After you have this sit down with your dealer, if you have questions or doubts, post back here. Or, if you guts tell you that things are probably not right, go contact the top dealers and they will straight up tell you about their convertible allocations they have, how many are ahead of you, when they think your order would arrive at their dealership, etc. The fact that you have ordered MSRC means you have also ordered the Z-51 package, and as that is on constraint at least for a while, that will, to some degree, hold up delivery of your car, whether from your local dealer or the top dealers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2013-11-02 12.07.59.jpg Thanks elegant! Not sure how many coupes were in my local dealer's allocation, but I know that they have received at least 3 coupes, with another one scheduled to arrive this week. I have no doubt that I was the first convertible order, as I watched him enter my order on the screen. I don't mind waiting for what I want, as long as I know its coming!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Preliminary Order

2013-11-02 Preliminary Order_Page_1.jpg 2013-11-02 Preliminary Order_Page_2.jpg

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
A dealer "entering an order" is like you putting a package on your front stoop and you calling UPS...it can sit there all year long until the UPS truck actually picks it up...

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
A dealer "entering an order" is like you putting a package on your front stoop and you calling UPS...it can sit there all year long until the UPS truck actually picks it up...
Great analogy :cool:

·
18,670 Posts
Good analogy. However fact that your dealership has already received three coupes (another imminently due) has an allocation for nine, and further that he has an allocation of six convertibles and you are # 1 (so he says, but do not know as how any can ever prove that is accurate except if you work for that dealership?), is looking very collectively positive to me. Since you asked, I would stay with this dealer.

Perhaps the only thing you could additionally do at this time, is to have the dealer put in writing that they have prioritized your order as the # 1 of their six 2014 Corvette convertibles they have allocations for. If that is true, he should have no problem doing that. However, having established trust with my dealer, and his proven record, I will not be asking my dealer to do that for me. It is always a fine line, and only you know whether you should or should not so this last potential thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So much for tracking my order online! See response from Chevy Customer Service:

Dear Mr. Pearce,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding your 2014 Corvette Stingray order. We apologize for the delay in our response. We have received a large number of inquiries since our initial shipment announcement. We are working as hard as we can to provide the latest updates.

We realized the Chevrolet Tracker on our website, Chevrolet Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers and Vans, was not providing the most appropriate information. We have temporarily shut the system down for tracking Corvette Stingray orders. At this time, we have not established a date or time when this tracking system will be available again to consumers.

As of November 8, 2013, the status of Order Number RKDKV5 is the following:

Order has been placed by your dealership and accepted by Chevrolet and is now in line for production. This process can take time, is subject to change, and does not mean that the vehicle is physically being built at this time. The next step in the process will be the assignment of a Target Production Week (TPW). However, at this time a TPW is not available for this order.

At this time, Corvette Stingray convertible models are scheduled to arrive in dealerships late this year. We recommend keeping in contact with your selling dealership for updates as to when your vehicle will be delivered. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We appreciate your patience and recognize the high amount of anticipation for the 2014 Corvette Stingray.

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
Chevrolet Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers and Vans

·
Registered
136 Posts
Go over to the Corvette Forum site and PM Chevy Customer Service. Give them your order number and ask for an update. They will give you the status of your vehicle.

NOTE, please: Per subsequent post, Chevrolet Customer Care is now a supporting component of StingRay Forums; just PM: ChevroletCustomerCare.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Go over to the Corvette Forum site and PM Chevy Customer Service. Give them your order number and ask for an update. They will give you the status of your vehicle.
of all the ways to get your status, thus was the best for me..esp if Kelly is on it....

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Thanks Rich and Glen!!

We are here now too! :)

Earl, If you want to PM me here with your order number I can look it up for you.

I just checked and you are at 1100- preliminary order accepted. You placed your order on 11/2. You are the starting line.

If anyone would like me to track their order numbers please use PM. I will not be answering order status on the threads as it is difficult to track that way.

Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Kelly J! I've read a lot of praise about you and I can see why!

Thanks again for your input. I'll PM you in a couple of weeks and promise not to pester you too much;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Kelly,
Can you track Canadian orders..Dealer called Nov 9 and said I was 2000. I called Nov 11 to add FE4 and was told I could not as I was now at 3000..Thank you, Jake

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Hey Earl, I am just trying to do the best I can for y'all! You can pester me as much as you would like, I get really excited too! You can post on this thread http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...1524-chevy-cust-care-tracking-your-order.html or you can send me a PM.

Hey Jake, I do want to apologize again, but please check with GM Canada | Cars, Trucks, SUVs, and Crossovers | General Motors and speak with a chat agent. They will be able to update your status. I do not know if I told you that before, sorry if I did not. I would like to see a picture of her when she comes home! Hopefully there will not be any snow on the ground!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just received notice from dealer that my order has moved from 1100 to 2000!

I'm still at the starting line but it's good to have some movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
Congratulations Earl! It is sounding good, for you have just reached the key status code, the GM acceptance of yours dealer's order, e.g. status code 2000. That means they will build your car!!!

To quote glen e's analogy, your package has just been picked up by the UPS truck. Just like the "package," your car is on your way. Very nice news! Happy Thanksgiving!

As your this thread's question, ordering local worked for you! There are many honest, hard working, trustworthy local dealers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
elegant, Where can I locate a complete list of event codes so I know what's coming up next?

·
18,670 Posts
Your two best friends (other than your friends and family) from the time you first think about buying a StingRay, until the day it is delivered are:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...-stop-before-ordering-useful-information.html

And, where your answer is:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...urgent-order-delivery-useful-information.html

Please, even though you will skip to the second thread to get your answer, go back and read the first one. Both, together, are critical to understanding the entire process.

·
18,670 Posts
A recent picture is worth "1000 words," though it also has some interesting words too:

Not advocating for Kerbeck or any other dealer, but this number is huge. Kerbeck received an initial allocation of 509, 2014 Corvette StingRays. This latest/last round of 2014 allocation results in a total allocation of 1,277 StingRays for the ENTIRE 2014 model year for Kerbeck. I have read that some of you have tried to contact Kerbeck via e mail or a phone call, but no success so far. Perhaps re-trying.

GM continually rewards dealers who sold the most Corvettes the previous model year. And I am seeing that forum folks have been getting, albeit at a slower place, Z-51 Corvettes from the top national dealers. Perhaps the above picture suggests either re-contacting Kerbeck (Dave Salvatore) or the nation's #2 dealer MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire (Tommy Jr., owner's son is the contact there), or Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland (Mike Furman is the contact there). One of our members contacted Tommy Jr. And received a return contact within twenty minutes.

All three of the above dealers are selling below list for non Z-51's, at list for Z-51's. All three have deserved excellent reputations for honesty and integrity!

OR, again, if you KNOW your local dealer has unfulfilled allocations this year, work with them.

Not advocating, just pointing out that at this point you have the local versus the national leading Corvette dealer choice option, and there are many unfilled 2014 allocations remaining, including for Z-51's. You might wish to link here, read post # 308 if you are skeptical about the previous sentence.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...889-constraint-updates-post-info-here-31.html

1 - 20 of 45 Posts