Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done reading all the posts of issues that members, mine included, are having with the Stingray. I do understand that every different make and model will have quality issues with so many vehicles rolling off the line. Even the most quality driven models will have customers that have issues, I get that. It's just kind of scary that there are eight pages of problems, lots of us are sharing, with a car that is less than a year removed from release. I was just wondering, is this a normal amount of quality issues for a new car?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Remember it's a forum, and typically people tend to join forums to find out about the cars and/or report an issue about them. Therefore you will find a concentration of the problems and issues. In other words, yes issues are occurring and being resolved, but the forum makes them seem much more common that they probably really are. Example, if 38,000 2014 models were built and say 30 of them blew motors that is less than .01% with that failure. Unacceptable to the guy it happened to, but an acceptable rate to a manufacturer. You go to most ANY car forum and you will see similar reporting.
My car had a little rear hatch seal come loose, but other than that she has been perfect. Others have had nothing wrong.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
This is the nature of forums, you hear about every little thing. The car is solid, minor recalls and many, many cars with no problems. You can read too much here and think the opposite. And people that are happy don't post anywhere near as often as those that have a problem. And many that post they have a problem, turn out to be they have not read the manual or understsnd the operating characteristics of the car.

·
Registered
419 Posts
This is the nature of forums, you hear about every little thing. The car is solid, minor recalls and many, many cars with no problems. You can read too much here and think the opposite. And people that are happy don't post anywhere near as often as those that have a problem. And many that post they have a problem, turn out to be they have not read the manual or understsnd the operating characteristics of the car.
ditto :cool:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
37,288 C7's were built, the problems listed here affect but a small percentage of cars.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For a totally redesigned model there were very few issues or problems.

Main issue I see is that just about everyone has some degree of orange peel. Appears that's just the standard for this car.

Other issue is the less the stellar seat ventilation which once again is mostly a design issue.

A bigger concern would be the development of problems down the line such as early failure of parts/systems.

Most other problems were glitches that ended up having easy fixes, mainly related to the infotainment system.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I just got done reading all the posts of issues that members, mine included, are having with the Stingray. I do understand that every different make and model will have quality issues with so many vehicles rolling off the line. Even the most quality driven models will have customers that have issues, I get that. It's just kind of scary that there are eight pages of problems, lots of us are sharing, with a car that is less than a year removed from release. I was just wondering, is this a normal amount of quality issues for a new car?
Look at this somewhat dated initial quality poll. I suspect since we have gathered additional owners since this poll was conducted there will be some new data added, but otherwise it looks pretty typical for a new model year intro.
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-owners-logbook/1183-owners-initial-quality-assessment.html

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was just wondering, is this a normal amount of quality issues for a new car?
the ONLY issue I had was with the seat not moving to the saved position when hitting the starter switch; issue resolved with flash update.
NO paint issues; my car is perfect, even the navigation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Point taken on the amount of cars that were built compared to the relatively few percentage of people having problems. I appreciate the comments and I'm happy for all those that don't have any issues. I really do love the car and I was hoping that there was a Z06 in my future so that's why I needed the assurance. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts