Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took these at the Corvettes at Corsa Show in Berea Ohio 07/27/2014
My Crystal Red Coupe and a One Owner 1954, nice contrast of 60 years of Corvette evolution

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just beautiful!!! I can't imagine what people would say if you told them back in 54 that the corvette would look like it does now...

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: regguy1

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The '54 had the original sales invoice posted, the price of the car was about what the sales tax was on mine :cool:

1954 Poster.jpg

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Awesome pic! I have an announcement to make soon that has to do with the OP's photo. Can't wait to say...but will have to wait a few days...or a week. LOL

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I love them both and added the 54 to my bucket list. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
For a split second I thought that picnic table was some sort of new fin on your car.

·
Administrator
16,296 Posts
Thanks for posting this and the side by side Regguy! Though I am not sure the Guinness record is current, here is what Guinness states: "James C. Rees, 83 of Worcester, stands next to his 1951 Chevrolet Bel Air Coupe outside of Collegeville Italian Bakery. He was treated to a surprise party after achieving the World Record for the longest car ownership from new. The previous Guinness world record was held by Carl T. Keller of Clintonville, Wisc., and his 1951 Packard convertible."

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Another car I found interesting was the 2003 made to resemble a 1953
see it at the 20 second mark in this video:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome pic! I have an announcement to make soon that has to do with the OP's photo. Can't wait to say...but will have to wait a few days...or a week. LOL
Something good I hope?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
10,418 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I thought that is what it would be. I guessed you were finalizing the purchase of a C1.
Well, my dad was going to buy a yellow 1954 Corvette, but someone bought it out from underneath him. Would have been awesome him having a yellow 54 with me having a yellow 14.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
regguy1, Outstanding pictures! They look good together.

SF
Rick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts